Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Bentley on 08 Jun 2020
  • You are also supposed to double fry fresh cut too, no thanks, like I said let Ora-Ida do the work.  They look so good I would like to get some in the store. 
  • #32 by BigDave83 on 08 Jun 2020
  • Two words

TATER TOTS.
  • #33 by Bentley on 08 Jun 2020
  • I like tator tots, but they are not as good as fries!  The tator tots shine in a breakfast burrito.
  • #34 by heffneil on 09 Jun 2020
  • I did fries and chicken fingers last night as well as my favorite thing in the WHOLE world: corn nuggets.  My kids hated them but they are AWESOME even in the oven but in the fryer OMG.

I did mess up a bit I let the oil get too hot - in the red zone for a bit.  I was prepping the chicken and it was too many tenderloins so it took a while.  Needless to say, I cooked two batches with the gas off before it got to normal and then started it back up.  Didn't make enough fries.  The kids and wife love them.  I have to look but we didn't even add salt last night and they we're good so they might be pre-salted.

• #35 by Bentley on 09 Jun 2020
  • Are the fries you are using the one in the bag I posted?
  • #36 by heffneil on 10 Jun 2020
  • Yes sir those are the ones!  They are pretty good!
  • #37 by reubenray on 10 Jun 2020
  • I saw a single basket Cajun Fryer at a neighbors yesterday.  He was frying Jalapeno poppers and chicken.  It all looked great, but I don't see us using one enough for $300.  It is just two of us and he has a big family.

I just noticed that these are made in the town that I was born in.  I may need to check if any of my kinfolk are involved in this.
  • #38 by heffneil on 10 Jun 2020
  • Yeah this wasn't cheap I mean it cost me $90 to fill it up with oil!

But the kids and wife love it and if we weren't quarantining its probably not worth the mess and trouble.  We like it pretty good and use it for a lot of meals (probably too many).

Its a good product.  I wish it was a little taller.  I am 6' 2" and its kinda lower than i'd like!

• #39 by Bentley on 10 Jun 2020
  • See if you can get into a Restaurant Depot or Merchants or the like, they usually will have a decent soy bean frying oil for about $21/5 Gallons.  Unless you need a specific oil!

Sams has Members Mark for $17.96/5 gallons.

Member's Mark 100% Pure Clear Frying Oil
  • #40 by slaga on 11 Jun 2020
  • How do you dispose the oil after you are done?
  • #41 by ylr on 11 Jun 2020
  • How do you dispose the oil after you are done?

Got a diesel?  ;)
  • #42 by Bentley on 11 Jun 2020
  • I like to spread it on the gravel road to keep the dust down.
  • #43 by slaga on 11 Jun 2020
  • A) No.

B) I do not dump my car oil down the storm drain, field or anywhere else that sucks for the environment. What else would I expect from this web site...
  • #44 by Bentley on 12 Jun 2020
  • I take car oil to the recycle, I spread fryer oil on the gravel road.  As far as this web site, I guess you can leave your attitude at the curb, or you can leave anytime you like.
  • #45 by slaga on 13 Jun 2020
  • I take car oil to the recycle, I spread fryer oil on the gravel road.  As far as this web site, I guess you can leave your attitude at the curb, or you can leave anytime you like.

Attitude or not, I am not leaving unless you ban me. That is your choice.

I just said it does not surprise me that the powers that be here, feel dumping the oil on the ground is the appropriate way to dispose of used cooking oil.
Pages:
Actions