Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone have a bayou classic or cajun fryer deep fryer?  (Read 4754 times)

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
Re: Anyone have a bayou classic or cajun fryer deep fryer?
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2020, 07:06:40 AM »

Well we use what little leftover frying oil to kill weeds, works excellent. Ironically enough we learned that from a vegetable farmer years ago that tries to stay as organic and environmentally friendly as he can. Google it, you will find it to be effective and safe. Who knew?

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2020, 08:32:57 AM »

I take car oil to the recycle, I spread fryer oil on the gravel road.  As far as this web site, I guess you can leave your attitude at the curb, or you can leave anytime you like.

Attitude or not, I am not leaving unless you ban me. That is your choice.

I just said it does not surprise me that the powers that be here, feel dumping the oil on the ground is the appropriate way to dispose of used cooking oil.

It's vegetable oil, not petroleum based, it is biodegradable. Yes large quantities such as a large spill or overturned truck that allows it to run into the streams would cause issues, the small amounts used by most of us would cause little harm other than killing of some plant life and insects where it was dumped. I used to live out in the sticks more and would empty my turkey fryer after a few fries, usually 2.5 gal across the road in the woods. The next day or 2 it was all dug up from the animals.

would I dump 50 gallons of i in the woods, no i would find a local shop that has a waste oil burner for heating in the winter and give it to them.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2020, 10:45:08 AM »

No, you implied that I dumped motor oil on the ground.  You also imply that you will have whatever attitude you choose on this site.  I will go on record with you and say right now, I think you have an issue with me personally.  I have no problem with that, but when you take pot shots at me on my site, that I do have issue with, and if you keep it up, you will not be banned, you will simply be removed, along with all your posts from the past.

I take car oil to the recycle, I spread fryer oil on the gravel road.  As far as this web site, I guess you can leave your attitude at the curb, or you can leave anytime you like.

Attitude or not, I am not leaving unless you ban me. That is your choice.

I just said it does not surprise me that the powers that be here, feel dumping the oil on the ground is the appropriate way to dispose of used cooking oil.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

heffneil

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2020, 10:35:11 PM »

I looked it up and a couple of miles away is our recycling center. They take used cooking oil so that is where all my stuff is going.  It seems to be the most responsible.  Too bad a restaurant doesn't let you dump in their storage.  The bigger places here sell the oil.

I bought this stuff from Webstraurant and the shipping was high but its not light.  I did this because of the quarantine and all.  I do have a membership to Restaurant Depot.  I joined the KCBS because they give you free day passes.  Worth every penny!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2020, 11:23:38 PM »

So how many gallons of oil do you need to fill this thing with to be able to use properly?  How many cooks to do you get from one fill of oil?  What do you do with the oil between cooks?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

heffneil

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2020, 10:59:03 PM »

Hi! Sorry I missed your question.  I bought two 35lb boxes of canola.  I used all of one and 7/8 of the second.  I leave it in there covered with the metal lid and then I have a cover.

The oil will probably last 9 months but I do live in a HOT environment and a humid environment.  So far so good.  Probably 2 -3 cooks a week.

Recently did bacon and frozen hashbrown patties, homemade chicken fingers, shrimp po boys with fried shrimp from it. 

I'm very pleased.  I ordered a bunch of parts to replace the casters and wheels with bigger versions.  It's a little low for me since I am taller.  Guys at Bayou Classic have been helpful with the sizes and all.  I took some pictures of the before.  Parts are on the way I will post updates soon.  I highly recommend it.

slaga

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2020, 10:27:59 PM »

:clap: :cool: I am glad you are happy with it!
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

heffneil

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »

Wheel upgrade ALMOST complete.  Just need to cut the rod which is about 1.5" too long.  It worked out pretty good.  Only problem is the new wheels are so big I can't hang the tank on the back.

Not a big deal really!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2020, 06:13:56 PM »

Any reason why you just cant have the 4 locking casters?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

heffneil

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2020, 08:33:06 PM »

I could but its not built that way. There is a rod in the original design and some pipe used to friction bearing and supports for the axle.

The guys at Bayou Classic said I could put 2x4 under there if I cut out what is existing and then mount anything to that, or I could replace the entire bottom section if I wanted.  I didn't want wood anywhere near there given the fire hazard.

heffneil

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2020, 08:42:07 PM »

So my bottle of propane is perilously low! Didn't take long!  Scary! I've been using it a lot but I think this thing eats up the fuel.  I did learn to start it before its in the green zone on the temp gauge and if I don't have a lot left to cook I turn it off early to reduce consumption since the fuel doesn't cool off that fast!

Just some more feedback! Family still loves it.  I wrongly overcrowded the one basket with tater tots - dumped the whole frozen bag in there.  Made a tater clump.  Family loved it  :cool: I lucked out!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up