Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by 02ebz06 on 07 Feb 2021
  • Just some data for him.  To me, time savings and consistency must be a priority in food service.

Cookshack Commercial Pizza Oven

Wow, didn't know Cookshack made a pizza oven.
    Would like to see the home version when it comes out.
  • #17 by Bentley on 07 Feb 2021
  • I think that is the only version planned.  I think it can be set up stand alone or built in.  I think size would be the only draw back, but I do not think a pizza food truck would want to be doing pizzas over 14 inches.  Probably 10-12"?
  • #18 by 02ebz06 on 07 Feb 2021
  • I think that is the only version planned.  I think it can be set up stand alone or built in.  I think size would be the only draw back, but I do not think a pizza food truck would want to be doing pizzas over 14 inches.  Probably 10-12"?

I saw this video interview with Fast Eddie  -->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QebXSh0XtL8
    At about 3:15 in (at end) she said a new home one would be coming.
    Just looked at date of the video, it was 2017.
    Guess a home version didn't happen.
  • #19 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2021
  • Big Dave, I wish I had a better picture, but the red truck in this photo is a pizza truck at a food festival.  I think your friend is going to need a pretty heavy duty truck similar to this to haul around a pizza oven.  Not sure how well thought out his plan is yet, but it seems like a pretty big investment just for equipment for his proposed business.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #20 by BigDave83 on 07 Feb 2021
  • Just some data for him.  To me, time savings and consistency must be a priority in food service.

Cookshack Commercial Pizza Oven

A friend wants to try to get a pizza truck/trailer set up.

He is also all about wanting brick oven pizza. I asked if he was wanting wood fired or gas like a deck oven, my thought is that the stone deck in the gas oven other than not having the higher heat and flavor of the wood...

I sent him a link to this. I had read a comment on a FB page that Ed had made about using one in his pizza trailer, unfortunately I couldn't find it for him.

• #21 by Bentley on 07 Feb 2021
  • I am going to assume this oven could be adjusted to other types of pizza, just not sure how you run a pizza business out of a food truck without being able to do the pies in a Very short period of time like this.  I doubt that most folks would wait 10 minutes for a pizza, 15-20 and you could not make a living.  I am not even sure if you could sell sell 10 pizzas and hour, for 8 hours a day, you could make money?  I guess it all comes down to servicing debt and overhead!

I guess 451 Pizza had a duel set up, and I guess most folks are not as cheap a screw as me and a $16, 14 inch pizza is not a big deal!

The Perfect Food Truck Pizza Oven
  • #22 by BigDave83 on 07 Feb 2021
  • I am going to assume this oven could be adjusted to other types of pizza, just not sure how you run a pizza business out of a food truck without being able to do the pies in a Very short period of time like this.  I doubt that most folks would wait 10 minutes for a pizza, 15-20 and you could not make a living.  I am not even sure if you could sell sell 10 pizzas and hour, for 8 hours a day, you could make money?  I guess it all comes down to servicing debt and overhead!

I guess 451 Pizza had a duel set up, and I guess most folks are not as cheap a screw as me and a $16, 14 inch pizza is not a big deal!

The Perfect Food Truck Pizza Oven
    We started to hit up some food truck festivals last year, usually at Vol. Fire Co.. The first one we went to had wood fired pizza and people were standing in line and waiting 15 to 20 minutes after ordering.
  • #23 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2021
  • Those better be some expensive pizzas with a lot of profit if you are only getting out one per 15-20 minutes.  I've helped my brother in some food truck festivals selling BBQ, and we were getting orders out in an average of 45 seconds from when someone placed their order.
  • #24 by Bentley on 07 Feb 2021
  • I think Dave means there were pumping them out as fast as they could and folks were still willing to wait 10-15 minutes to get their order. At a festival, I could see that, especially if the  trucks or type of food you like is limited!

I meant I do not think you could have a medium or thick Crust pizza that might take 15-20 minutes to make.  You just would be able to make so few an hour that you could not make a living.  If you had double oven and could do 2 every 6 minutes you could make $3000-$3500 a day I guess!
  • #25 by BigDave83 on 08 Feb 2021
  • Yes people were standing waiting. they had orders just stacked up. There was one person inside preparing the pizza and another outside cooking and boxing. while I was standing there waiting for her to get hers, I saw several people walking away with 3 to 5 pizzas. They were 8  or 9 inch.

These are pictures i took off of their FB page on the trailer and the oven.
  • #26 by bregent on 08 Feb 2021
  • I agree with Bruce - have him go to PMDC. If he is planning on investing in a business like this then he should talk to pro's and there are plenty at PMDC that can help him get started.  If you could make Neapolitan pies and run the oven at 900F, you could bake a pie in 90 seconds. I don't know if that's feasible in a food truck. Lot's of other considerations to be able to make a profit - talk to folks that have been there.
  • #27 by BigDave83 on 08 Feb 2021
  • I agree with Bruce - have him go to PMDC. If he is planning on investing in a business like this then he should talk to pro's and there are plenty at PMDC that can help him get started.  If you could make Neapolitan pies and run the oven at 900F, you could bake a pie in 90 seconds. I don't know if that's feasible in a food truck. Lot's of other considerations to be able to make a profit - talk to folks that have been there.

I sent him a link to it and while I was there snooping around I found a link for Pizza Dough Generator and sent it.

He really wants do do this, but he is all over he place on to much of, i try to help to get him focused but a few minutes later we will be talking and I think to myself, you have already forgotten the conversation we had 10 minutes ago. In the last 3 months the conversations with him have taken us down so many roads and paths that even a good GPS unit couldn't get us back home.
Pages:
Actions