Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by just4fn on 02 Jun 2020
  • So I have my grill set just fine to wifi and I can select server mode. You start this by going to point to point 1st and connect to the broadcasting gmg wifi.  My question is do I have to do a wifi reset if I want to connect to the point to point again?  It doesn't broadcast in the home router wifi mode.  I think it's cumbersome to have to reset it to use the point to point.  Maybe if my home router wasn't broadcasting then it would automatically change to point to point but I don't know.
  • #2 by TravlinMan on 02 Jun 2020
  • I believe reset is likely the easiest. Although, the GMG wifi is supposed to ‘fall back’ to point to point if it can not find its last wifi connection upon startup.

I’ve been working with my little GMG Davey Crocket, and found the easiest way to go back to point to point is a simple reset. Your milage May vary...

Anyone else chime in with their experience and thoughts?

• #3 by Clonesmoker on 02 Jun 2020
  • I've noticed if I go back to WiFi from server mode that my connection seems to get lost. I will look at my available WiFi networks to see of the point to point one is still there. Sometimes it is others it's not. I will usually do a reset. My biggest issue is trying to remember how to refire a hot grill if it shuts down.
  • #4 by reubenray on 04 Jun 2020
  • How do you do a reset?
  • #5 by just4fn on 05 Jun 2020
  • Turn grill off. Hold the food button and turn grill on. Continue to hold the food button until the numbers start counting up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTZlH-1hI8
  • #6 by TSbean on 06 Oct 2020
  • I ordered my DC today after doing quite a bit of reading. I'm anxious to get started. My question (since I don't have the manual yet to better understand) is about the wifi, I've read a lot about it losing the signal when you go inside with your phone and also that you can't use your phone for other things without dropping the connection. I'm getting the 2020 updated model but I don't know for certain if these issues were resolved? My quick answer would be to use an old phone to connect to the grill and keep my current phone free for normal use? Any thoughts? This will be my first pellet smoker and I'm looking forward to it and learning from your experiences. Thanks!
  • #7 by ICIdaho on 07 Oct 2020
  • I ordered my DC today after doing quite a bit of reading. I'm anxious to get started. My question (since I don't have the manual yet to better understand) is about the wifi, I've read a lot about it losing the signal when you go inside with your phone and also that you can't use your phone for other things without dropping the connection. I'm getting the 2020 updated model but I don't know for certain if these issues were resolved? My quick answer would be to use an old phone to connect to the grill and keep my current phone free for normal use? Any thoughts? This will be my first pellet smoker and I'm looking forward to it and learning from your experiences. Thanks!

I don't use my wifi option anymore, but if I were to, I would agree with using an old phone if you care about your phone being connected to the outside world the whole time.  The grill sends out a wifi signal, to connect to it, you disconnect from your current connection.  Maybe they will someday come out with a phone that can be connected to multiple wifi's at the same time.
Pages:
Actions