Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Mikro on 05 Jun 2020
  • Any one try Bear Mountain pellets? I just ordered 100lbs from Amazon. @12.99 per 20lb bag for Hickory free shipping. It says it is 100% of the hardwood?
    I will bet it is a mix of Oak and Hickory? For my grilling that will work fine. I like 100% pecan for my smoking. :)
    MK
  • #2 by Bentley on 05 Jun 2020
  • Great pellets, use to use them when lived in So Cal.  They 70/30 the, except for the Oak And Alder.  DO they say 100% Hardwood, or 100% Cherry, Maple, Oak...

I recommend the Maple.

• #3 by Mikro on 05 Jun 2020
  • Great pellets, use to use them when lived in So Cal.  They 70/30 the, except for the Oak And Alder.  DO they say 100% Hardwood, or 100% Cherry, Maple, Oak...

I recommend the Maple.
    >snip<

Thanks Bent,
    That is what I wanted to hear. They say 100% hardwood so I would figure it is the 70/30 as you explained it. The Blend they have is the 100% cherry, maple,oak.
    I couldn't pass up the $12.99, free shipping a bag price for the hickory. :)
    My apologies for posting this in the wrong section.
    Praying all is well with you and Kristin.
    Be safe and enjoy the Hot tub. :)
    MK
  • #4 by GREG-B on 06 Jun 2020
  • Cash and Cary (now smart shopper) or some such thing, carries them and has them on sale regularly.
  • #5 by 4given on 01 Jul 2020
  • Bear Mountain is a great pellet and just about all I use anymore.  Over the last 7 or 8 years we have tried just about EVERYTHING and keep coming back to Bear Mountain.  Low cost,  great taste. My wife and I are quite fond of their Pecan and Mesquite pellets. We want to try their new "Bold"  and "sweet" blends sometime soon. 

The only other pellet we keep on hand is Lumberjack 100% Hickory. When you want a bold Hickory flavor, that's the pellet to use IMHO

• #6 by ylr on 27 Oct 2020
  • The Rural King here in Owensboro is now selling Bear Mountain pellets for $5/20lb....  :cool:
  • #7 by reubenray on 27 Oct 2020
  • Atwoods also has them.
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Oct 2020
  • $0.25/# is a great price for any "bbq" pellet
  • #9 by Bentley on 27 Oct 2020
  • I would even pony up that much for BM.  Get away from the 12¢/lb Loews heating pellets! Cheap Screw!
  • #10 by reubenray on 28 Oct 2020
  • Bear Mountain is a great pellet and just about all I use anymore.  Over the last 7 or 8 years we have tried just about EVERYTHING and keep coming back to Bear Mountain.  Low cost,  great taste. My wife and I are quite fond of their Pecan and Mesquite pellets. We want to try their new "Bold"  and "sweet" blends sometime soon. 

The only other pellet we keep on hand is Lumberjack 100% Hickory. When you want a bold Hickory flavor, that's the pellet to use IMHO

I use LJ Hickory 99% of the time.  The other 1% is for high temperature cooking like pizza.
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Nov 2020
  • The Restaurant Store is selling them for $7/#20 bags.  I may have to get about 10 bags.
  • #12 by ballantyne on 04 Dec 2020
  • The Restaurant Store is selling them for $7/#20 bags.  I may have to get about 10 bags.

:o

I literally just ordered two bags at $18/20lb from Amazon. Wish I'd seen this sooner.
  • #13 by 02ebz06 on 04 Dec 2020
  • The couple times I bought a ton of LJ to split with others, it was about $16/40 lb bag.
    That's the wholesale price and comes out to 40 cents a pound.
  • #14 by grilltreats on 12 Dec 2020
  • They're okay to good.  I went for the buy one get one free promotion awhile back with free shipping, so they tastes better like that, Lol.

I selected the robust and the hickory.  I'm not sure what the robust consist of.  The hickory is not as flavorful to me as the LJ 100% hickory when smoking two butts together on an RT-700 to compare as I have done many of those same cooks using the LJ 100% hickory.  Typically a 16-hour smoke.

For roughly $18 plus shipping and tax each for a couple of bags, I'll be sticking with the LJ bulk order.  Far better and cheaper for my needs.  I typically order a quarter-ton (520 lbs.) at a time.  20 pound bags are typically around $8 to $9.
Pages:
Actions