Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > FEC/Cookshack

Unwrapping and first cook on PG500!

(1/5) > >>

Hammer:
Ok, well after a few snafus with my bank thinking my order was fraud, I finally ordered my grill from BBQ Island with the front shelf.
They had one there that just came in, so it got picked up fast and sent out!
I come home yesterday to see a beautiful wrapped up grill set on a stout wood crate/pallet.
I couldn't find the key for the pellet cleanout door.

It was late, so I didn't put the shelves on the outside, but I got it all setup and fired up.

First, I am impressed on how fast it gets to temp! I let it sit at 400 for a little while to see how stable it was. It was over a little, but didn't fluctuate much. So I am happy there.
Then I kicked it up to 600 degrees to finish burning it out.
I did notice that the top of the right door bowed out some with the heat pumping out from this sucker! Not surprised with how hot it got, and how fast.
I let it cool down and through some burgers on for a quick dinner.
It was SO NICE to taste the char on the burgers from a pellet grill! My wife is super happy now.

Tonight will be some nice thick pork chops.

triplebq:
 :cool: :cool: :bbq:

Canadian John:

That's some good looking pit and a super cooker. Nice to be able to achieve temps like that..A big change from the Traeger... Are you going to contact the manufacturer about the door fit?

Hammer:
Not sure on the door, that picture was taken when the grill temp read 600 degrees.
Or do these doors normally stay flat, even at very high temps?
I would like a key for the pellet door though.

Bar-B-Lew:
I don't see any harm in sending the manufacturer a pick and let them make the decision on whether the door should do that or not.  I suspect that it shouldn't and maybe others who have that type of grill will be able to share their experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View