Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jun 2020
  • #2 by Bentley on 13 Jun 2020
  • I can't think of the name, but it is similar to the Go Fund Me probe that a few folks bought here?  I think those may have been wi-fi too?  Now that I have a cell phone made in the 21st century I like stuff like this.  But I have the Maverick Redi-Check, although when you don't know when to pull a piece of beef off the heat, does it really help!
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jun 2020
  • I think it was the MEATER probes that were on the Kickstarter.
  • #4 by hughver on 13 Jun 2020
  • There are several in addition to the Meater and  Maverick, but I have two problems with this concept, cost too much and the probe diameter is too large
  • #5 by okie smokie on 13 Jun 2020
  • #6 by okie smokie on 13 Jun 2020
  • After looking more closely at the reviews, I might want to wait a bit.  Main troubles  with Maverick and Meatstick, and the Meater seems to be intermittent disconnecting with your phone or iPad. The charger base needs to be left close to the pit (which is no problem). The Meater and the Meatstick both have two sensors, one for meat and the other for grill temp.  Mav has 2 minute charge but only works for 4 hrs of cooking.  (you could recharge but would have to clean first and of course be there). Mav has capacitor rather than battery inside the probe.  Meatstick and Meater can go for up to 24 hrs without charging, or battery replacement in the base. Good for low slow. ?
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jun 2020
  • My original post wasn't about whose product was better or worse. It was just to give notice to folks that there was competition in this "new" product market.  And, because it is "new" buyer should be ware.  It was just interesting to me that a semi-large player in the remote thermometer market replicated a new technology in a product they introduced.  Kudos to them for putting out a new product with the most current technology.  Would I buy one? I will hold out my opinion on that.  But, it is another option at an affordable price for those who may be interested in this type of device.  I think the technology is a great advance.  The jury is still out in my opinion on whether this or others before or after it are worth your investment.  I would recommend staying open to advancements in technology and manufacturers developing new products.
  • #8 by okie smokie on 14 Jun 2020
  • My original post wasn't about whose product was better or worse. It was just to give notice to folks that there was competition in this "new" product market.  And, because it is "new" buyer should be ware.  It was just interesting to me that a semi-large player in the remote thermometer market replicated a new technology in a product they introduced.  Kudos to them for putting out a new product with the most current technology.  Would I buy one? I will hold out my opinion on that.  But, it is another option at an affordable price for those who may be interested in this type of device.  I think the technology is a great advance.  The jury is still out in my opinion on whether this or others before or after it are worth your investment.  I would recommend staying open to advancements in technology and manufacturers developing new products.

I was not commenting on which was better or worse, but just on the tech of each of them. Very impressive, new tech, which will only get better with time. Sure simplifies monitoring the cook. No more dirty, crimped probe wires, and probe leaks.  ThermoPro has waterproof probes on several of their units. I do not see a problem with the thicker wireless probes.
Pages:
Actions