Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conflicted  (Read 956 times)

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Conflicted
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2020, 03:54:00 PM »

Another vote for Fireboard. I was a kickstarter backer and have had mine since then. Customer service has been stellar as they had to send me some special updates when I didn't use mine for 6 months while I had the Memphis and the Fireboard got to far out of date to make the jump OTA. They sent me files and walked me through details and followed up to make sure everything was working OK. I love the vast alarm configurability in what to do for alarms, high and low alerts, repeat intervals, etc. I use it on multiple grills and added the drive control for my Weber Summit Charcoal. I love it so much that I have been having to fight hard not to pick up the new sleeker model with built in fan support.

In the end the probably all work and do the job, it's just what is the most polished and do you want WiFi and the ability to configure more.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: Conflicted
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2020, 04:43:48 PM »

Lots of input so far.. Questions that may help: Is COST* a factor?  DISTANCE from the pit to the receiver?  Is WIFI a must?  Spare PARTS* and SERVICE back-up.   How many CHANNELS? Just the 2 in your

question, or could you use more?  RECHARGEABLE - Will the charge last for the duration of a long cook?  WATER proof/resistant?  Will being in the SUN damage the screen?  How delicate are the PROBES?

Will it work in the COLD as Winter?

/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up