Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by bgbdwlf1500 on 13 Jun 2020
  • Bought the classic grill today. Just like my copperhead 5 series it works great. Steaks came out awesome, not sure why they catch a bad wrap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• #2 by Canadian John on 13 Jun 2020
  •  
     Good to hear. Can't beat success. Nice pics!
  • #3 by bgbdwlf1500 on 13 Jun 2020

•  Good to hear. Can't beat success. Nice pics!
    Thanks! Had the approval from the wife to get a traeger 22 but couldnt find one local. Went back to pit boss and so far so good.

• #4 by Bentley on 13 Jun 2020
  • Good to see equipment working for the owner. 

I think a lot of folks go through phases like I did.  The temperature fluctuates to much, it does not grill like my charcoal, when in fact it puts a nice sear on meat, it does not billow smoke, when there is plenty of smoke going on the meat...Pick your poison, they think its the unit when it is really us!
  • #5 by bgbdwlf1500 on 13 Jun 2020
  • Good to see equipment working for the owner. 

I think a lot of folks go through phases like I did.  The temperature fluctuates to much, it does not grill like my charcoal, when in fact it puts a nice sear on meat, it does not billow smoke, when there is plenty of smoke going on the meat...Pick your poison, they think its the unit when it is really us!
    Yeah I said that to my wife today that i think its operator error. You learn it, itll do what you want. It's an average temp, not constant so if you set 350 and it goes up to 370 and down to 330 the average is 350. Seems simple enough to me

• #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jun 2020
  • I could probably give you 10 reasons why you should keep it and 10 reasons why you should kick it to the curb.  At the end of the day, it all comes down to your preferences in a pellet grill and how much money you want to spend.
  • #7 by bgbdwlf1500 on 13 Jun 2020
  • I could probably give you 10 reasons why you should keep it and 10 reasons why you should kick it to the curb.  At the end of the day, it all comes down to your preferences in a pellet grill and how much money you want to spend.
    I tried to find the traeger 22 but no dice today. Paid 396 + tax instead of 550 + tax

• #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jun 2020
    I tried to find the traeger 22 but no dice today. Paid 396 + tax instead of 550 + tax

I've paid 10x what you paid for that grill and 1/2 of what you paid for that grill for a used grill.  I am happy with both for the purpose they serve for ME.  At the end of the day, if you perceive that the value you are getting from the grill is at or above what you expected then that is all that matters.  Looking forward to you participating in this forum and sharing pics and techniques for your cooks for others to learn.
  • #9 by bgbdwlf1500 on 13 Jun 2020

I've paid 10x what you paid for that grill and 1/2 of what you paid for that grill for a used grill.  I am happy with both for the purpose they serve for ME.  At the end of the day, if you perceive that the value you are getting from the grill is at or above what you expected then that is all that matters.  Looking forward to you participating in this forum and sharing pics and techniques for your cooks for others to learn.
    I havent contributed much since I signed up. Shortly after I signed up we sold our house and moved into an apartment so for a year I havent done much but within the month we will be back in a house. They're too heavy to move back and forth

• #10 by ylr on 14 Jun 2020
  • Nice! Does the flame broiler work as advertised?
  • #11 by bgbdwlf1500 on 14 Jun 2020
  • Nice! Does the flame broiler work as advertised?
    Havent tried it yet. Planning on fooling with it some today. Will let you know

• #12 by smokin soon on 14 Jun 2020
  • I've looked at these and think they are a pretty good bang for the buck. Not flimsy at all. With the pellet dump and flame zone, it's the best clone I have seen so far. The Walmart my wife work at is sells out frequently, receiving 6 at a time. Great way for folks to get into Pellet cooking.
  • #13 by bgbdwlf1500 on 14 Jun 2020
  • Did some chicken today. Did end up with a flame out. When I took it down to see what was up there was just no pellets in the auger. Holding the prime it pulled them through so not sure what happened. I didnt fill the hopper today so not sure if weight has anything to do with it or not or i just need to clean before each use. Chicken was tender and juicy though, better than I remember from charcoal or gas.

• #14 by bgbdwlf1500 on 14 Jun 2020
  • I've looked at these and think they are a pretty good bang for the buck. Not flimsy at all. With the pellet dump and flame zone, it's the best clone I have seen so far. The Walmart my wife work at is sells out frequently, receiving 6 at a time. Great way for folks to get into Pellet cooking.
    The classic weighs over 100 lbs easy.

Pages:
Actions