Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removal of a Thread  (Read 404 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Removal of a Thread
« on: June 18, 2020, 01:17:15 PM »

Folks, I have removed a thread called "Interesting Chart".  Just for informational purposes, there was nothing offensive in the chart so this is not about the member who posted  I have been busy with other things and just saw it this morning.  I will discuss the issue with Bentley and we will come to a final decision probably in the next 24 hours.  We try to make thses decisions as a team.  I am also going to contact our two moderators and get their input.

I don't like to ban discussions and most folks stick to cooking etc.  However, we do have threads on pets, cars, gardens, my guide dog pups, the COVID-19 crisis, sometimes medical advice or updates on members health issues or their life, children, grandchildren. So, I recognize a diversity of topics and opinions.  But I also have enough years under my belt to recognize that some topics become real hot button, hot topic issues which are probably not best for this particular site.  That does not mean I don't believe we have to ban or limit whole categories, but certain discrete issues may not be appropriate.

I will get back to this final decision later.

ofelles

• Using less gas.
Re: Removal of a Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 02:09:11 PM »

The topic gives plenty of room to degrade quickly
Yoder YS640
LSG 48" Santa Maria Grill
LSG Insulated Cabinet Smoker

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 03:12:32 PM »

I have to remind Members that we do not always see threads as soon as they are posted.  There is a report to moderator button for any post, if you feel a thread or post is inappropriate, please use it.  It does not always mean that there will not be a lapse in addressing it, nor does it mean that it might be addressed to your liking, but we have a better chance of catching it if you do.  I did not see this thread yesterday and have been on the tractor since 9 am this morning and am just now seeing the quarantined thread.

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 05:04:48 PM »

Thanks for taking the chart down. As I said it was shared to enlighten, not insult or any other perceived reason.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

GatorDave

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 01:20:22 PM »

Darn, I didn't even see it, and now I want to know what I missed....lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up