Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Smoke Pro XXL  (Read 8942 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
New Smoke Pro XXL
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:51:06 PM »

Got an email about this today.  Seems like a great price.  Not sure I like the design for the drip pan.  I don't know if the front opens up to pull it out or if you need to remove racks to lift it out.  If I was in the market for something with a lot of capacity, this may be an interesting option.

Camp Chef Smoke Pro
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 09:46:41 PM by Bentley »
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Queball

Re: New Smoke Pro XXL
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:47:38 AM »

As stated, seems like a lot of capacity and an excellent price!

bobsbbq

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:29:29 PM »

They have a good capacity. There is at least one place that gas it for 599.00 There is a few reviews on the Camp Chef smokers smoker Facebook group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigtoot

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 04:24:22 PM »

I have a xxl coming and should be here weds.  My first pellet smoker.  I wanted a tec tec but never could pull the trigger because I have a number of cookers that do the same thing kind of. But the xxl peaked my interest and ive been waiting for it to be released. Just hope it can hold up full of food in 20-30 degree days. 
Larry

Queball

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »

Welding blanket time, Bigtoot.

InThePitBBQ

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 08:37:41 AM »

I like the capacity of this cooker as well, looking forward to seeing how this performs for the price it's going to be a touch act to follow.

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 02:35:46 PM »

I must admit that I really like this initially. The footprint being #1.  I have little deck space, and this would fit quite nicely.
If they could only make a door that opened to the right. I'd be sold on that alone.

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 04:28:42 PM »

A lovely young woman named Milissa who runs a Camp Chef user group on Facebook,  got one a week or so ago.  I haven't heard anything about it yet from her, but then I wasn't specifically looking for anything either.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 04:32:13 PM »

If I didn't have so many grills already, I would like into buying one of these grills.  The amount of cooking space per $ spent is off the charts and if it can get down to 150 that would be great for jerky.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 06:55:55 PM »

If I didn't have so many grills already, I would like into buying one of these grills.  The amount of cooking space per $ spent is off the charts and if it can get down to 150 that would be great for jerky.

What he said...   if that thing will get close to 150F and stay lit... it'd be great for jerky,  bacon, ham...   if it'll do at least 300F it'd be great for lots of stuff too... temperature variation top to bottom would be my other concern...

But... well I do have enough pellet grills and rarely fill my PG500.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 09:25:03 PM »

I have a xxl coming and should be here weds.  My first pellet smoker.  I wanted a tec tec but never could pull the trigger because I have a number of cookers that do the same thing kind of. But the xxl peaked my interest and ive been waiting for it to be released. Just hope it can hold up full of food in 20-30 degree days. 
Larry

What are your thoughts on this smoker?

j-bo

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 11:13:25 AM »

Myself and another person has looked into these and have emailed camp chef about it.

Simply stated, they "sold out" unexpectedly fast and won't have any until January at the earliest. The other fella said his email said the same.. but also added to his email from camp chef was the point that they were "making modifications" to it.

With the lack of reviews (found 2), and modifications coming, I'd wait on it if someone found any currently in stock.  I'm also wondering if it has issues with getting even heating from top to bottom.

I noticed Cabelas has a knockoff of this made by Masterbuilt, but there aren't any reviews on that one either, nor can I find it on Masterbuilts site at all.

I am interested in as it appears to have more space as I currently have a 40" masterbuilt that I'm used to that space. I'm just not so sure how well it will do and will probably opt for the cabelas magnum pellet grill, which is made by camp chef.

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »

Welcome j-bo on your first post!

Just David

• Using less gas.
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 11:15:07 PM »

I noticed Cabelas has a knockoff of this made by Masterbuilt, but there aren't any reviews on that one either, nor can I find it on Masterbuilts site at all.

Just so you know, I picked up the Masterbuilt one last Friday and have been using it. I love it. If you have any questions, ask away. I think Masterbuilt has a winner with this one (especially for the price).
Masterbuilt XL pellet smoker, Traeger tailgater

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 07:37:37 AM »

Just so you know, I picked up the Masterbuilt one last Friday and have been using it. I love it. If you have any questions, ask away. I think Masterbuilt has a winner with this one (especially for the price).

Post some pics of the unit.  If it is like the Camp Chef, I would like to see the interior shelves and drip pan/burner area too.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up