Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by mreservices on 22 Sep 2017
  • All,

I just wanted to throw this out there for everyone.  You can still get to the cached forums from the forever gone pelletheads website.  Google backs up web pages and you can get to those cached pages.  There is a website called web.archive.org.  It shows when the website was last cached.  It appears that it was last done on June 3, 2017.  You cannot log into the account if you had one as there is no server to authenticate you, however you can go through the forums (not sure about search but you can manually).  I don't know if everything is backed up or not, but there is a lot of data that is still there.  I have no idea how long this is kept, but it is there now for your review.  Below is a direct link to the cached pages.  Enjoy!!

https://web.archive.org/web/20170603211644/http://pelletheads.com/
    • mreservices
  • #2 by triplebq on 22 Sep 2017
  • Thanks for the info. I tried the search function but received an error.
  • #3 by Queball on 22 Sep 2017
  • Mine came right up. .... Saved  it in "Favorites".
    • Queball
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Sep 2017
  • I was thinking about that the other day, but couldn't think of the name of the site.  Thanks for sharing.
  • #5 by Quadman750 on 22 Sep 2017
  • Thanks for the link.
  • #6 by ScottE on 22 Sep 2017
  • Jut one minor correction: archive.org is an independent nonprofit, not something google is responsible for.

Good to be reminded of this, I need to dig a couple of old posts out of there!
  • #7 by wyd on 22 Sep 2017
  • Thanks for posting this up.  Never new you could do such a thing as I'm not too skilled on the computer as some are.  I saved ti so I can go back and look at older posts.  Thanks again for sharing.
  • #8 by mreservices on 22 Sep 2017
  • Thanks for the info. I tried the search function but received an error.

Login and Search features will not work as the server lo longer exists. You will have to manually go through and find what you are looking for. Just posted as there is a ton of information/knowledge base out there that would otherwise be lost.
    • mreservices
  • #9 by mreservices on 22 Sep 2017
  • Jut one minor correction: archive.org is an independent nonprofit, not something google is responsible for.

Yes, you are correct.  Google does back it up as well.  I tried using the Google "cache:" in the string, but I could not get it to work.  I then found archive.org and that worked.
    • mreservices
  • #10 by Bentley on 22 Sep 2017
  • Yeah, if Pelletheads is truly gone, I regret that we ever made some section Members Eyes Only...some stuff in there I would like, but it does not appear to be there, that is the only reason I can think of as why.  But maybe it is because I was no longer a member, but I am gonna imagine that the view is the same in this archived view for members or guests?

Chris_M had posted about it also...How did you hear...
  • #11 by GregW on 23 Sep 2017
  • Now if someone could get the domain back online the content hopefully could be restored.
    • GregW
Pages:
Actions