Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Free Mr. Tony on 23 Sep 2017
  • Dang. 1.99 tri tip. I would load up. Actually load up on both at that price.
  • #17 by Free Mr. Tony on 23 Sep 2017
  • They look like the size of a Nathans, so they much be deceiving in size in the photo...got a regular dog at home you could do a photo with?  What was the fat to meat percentage?

As far as fat ratio goes it was 2 1/4 pounds pork butt and 1 pound fat back. Guessing maybe 70/30? Does that sound about right?
  • #18 by LowSlowJoe on 23 Sep 2017
  • Dang. 1.99 tri tip. I would load up. Actually load up on both at that price.

Thanks only two they had at that price... Managers special = ready to go past sell by date.
  • #19 by bregent on 23 Sep 2017
  • My son's going back down to UC Santa Cruz this weekend and wanted some tri-tip before he left. Got some USDA prime from Costco. They sometimes have it for less, but 8.99 isn't too bad for prime. Dry brined overnight, then seasoned with black pepper, garlic, and light touch of chili powder. Into the Memphis at 190F along with mac and cheese.  Smoked until IT 127. Seared on the gasser.

• #20 by Free Mr. Tony on 23 Sep 2017
  • Nice looking plate.
  • #21 by LowSlowJoe on 23 Sep 2017
  • My costco never has had any TriTip... but my $1.99/lb from the local grocery store turned out good... don't really care for this much fat on a Trì Tip,  but the price was right so I'm not really complaining.

The Chuck Roast still needs some time.
  • #22 by Bentley on 23 Sep 2017
  • And Kristin wonders why I like Tri-tip more then Brisket...No Brainer!  But I am much more into medium rare cuts, then the pot roast type of cooked beef!

Edit:  I just saw that Prime sticker, that marbling makes much more sense now!
  • #23 by InThePitBBQ on 23 Sep 2017
  • LSJ~ That looks fantastic!

A nice slice of medium rare beef with a touch of horseradish sauce is my all time favorite meal.
    • InThePitBBQ
  • #24 by Jcorwin818 on 24 Sep 2017
  • Pork sliders for the games today. [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #25 by TechMOGogy on 24 Sep 2017
  • Jerky day today
    Been curing for 36 hours and ready to smoke
    Tried a different cut of meat recommended by my butcher (rump) but I think I like eye of round as it has less fat for jerky.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Dinner last night...
    Dry aged NY strip with a veal reduction, blue cheese/horseradish quenelle topped off with deep fried onions.
    Potatoes were Yukon gold with butter and a mix of sour cream, 2 cheeses, chives and bacon.
    Veggies were grilled asparagus and peppers with balsamic drizzle and crisp parm flakes.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Pretty basic :) haha
  • #26 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Sep 2017
  • Basic?  Really?  I must feed my family slop if that is basic!  That dinner looks like something out of a very high end restaurant.  Just lovely!!!  :clap: 
  • #27 by Free Mr. Tony on 24 Sep 2017
  • Those steaks look crazy good. Funny thing I rarely cook steak, but blue cheese crusted strips were already what I was planning to make tonight. I'm making homemade fries with mine, and the presentation won't be what those are.
  • #28 by Queball on 24 Sep 2017
  • Sweet! TechMOGogy ...... Lovin the steak, plating and presentation ..... Talk about the real deal. ... Just lovely. ...... Does one need to call and make reservations? ....... Is their a brisket offering on your menu?
    • Queball
  • #29 by pz on 24 Sep 2017
  • So much good food all around!  :clap:
  • #30 by Bentley on 24 Sep 2017
Pages:
Actions