Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by DB on 22 Sep 2017
  • I see some recipes that call for wrapping in foil for part of the cook. But my wrapping skills are beyond bad and I always get a leak. Will a covered pan work as well or does it need to be wrapped tightly? 
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 22 Sep 2017
  • Are you double wrapping?
  • #3 by triplebq on 22 Sep 2017
  • I sometimes us a foil pan instead of foil. Works AOK for me.
  • #4 by Queball on 22 Sep 2017
  • I agree triplebq. Just seal the top of the pan tightly with foil.
    • Queball
  • #5 by InThePitBBQ on 22 Sep 2017
  • Heavy duty / commercial grade foil helps, much easier to get it all sealed up and it stays that way.

Club stores like Sams or Costco have large rolls at good prices.
    • InThePitBBQ
  • #6 by DB on 22 Sep 2017
  • Are you double wrapping?
    I have tried that but I still make a mess most of the time. May I should take a class on wrapping.
  • #7 by Vision on 22 Sep 2017
  • Either will work, wrapping tight is best. Have fun with it.
  • #8 by Jcorwin818 on 23 Sep 2017
  • First what are you trying to wrap and are you using the heavy duty aluminum foil?
  • #9 by DB on 23 Sep 2017
  • Ribs give me the most trouble. I will check  Sams Club for some heavy duty foil.
  • #10 by Jcorwin818 on 23 Sep 2017
  • Heavy duty works good.  I just fold the ends over the ribs than bring up the sides and roll down to seal.  On sheet 2 I bring up the sides roll down to seal and just seal the ends.
  • #11 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Sep 2017
  • Sounds like this could be a good tutorial or video.
  • #12 by Bobitis on 23 Sep 2017
  • Is there a reason you foil your ribs? Have you tried them without foiling?

I know folks that swear by the 3-2-1 method (and others), but I've never foiled my ribs. They turn out great without the added process.
  • #13 by Bentley on 23 Sep 2017
  • For about the 1st 2 years I wrapped in foil.  I then realized that I could capture much more of the meat juices if I used a pan and put foil over it, so I have been doing that for the past 10+ years...

Will a covered pan work...

• #14 by Jcorwin818 on 23 Sep 2017

I know folks that swear by the 3-2-1 method (and others), but I've never foiled my ribs. They turn out great without the added process.
    [/quot

Because that the way I like them and I have tried them various ways!
  • #15 by Bobitis on 23 Sep 2017

[/quot

Because that the way I like them and I have tried them various ways!

In that case, I would try the pan (keeping the bones well away from the edges). and tightly seal. You could also try foiling the bones prior to foiling the slab. The pan method makes more sense to me.

Pages:
Actions