Recipe Section > Breads

No Knead Dutch Oven Bread

(1/2) > >>

Osborn Cox:
As requested this is my take on this quick and simple to make crusty bread.

Ingredients:
6 cups Flour
1 T salt
4.5t yeast
3 cups Lukewarm water

Directions-  combine salt and flour in mixing bowl, stir to incorporate.    Combine water and yeast in measuring cup and stir.    Add water/yeast mixture to the mixing bowl and stir with wooden spoon or stiff spatula just until no dry flour can be seen.   It will be real shaggy and fairly dry.    Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside for 1hr.   After the 1hr rise (should be double in size) lightly flour between the dough and the bowl as you pull the dough from edge of the bowl with a spatula to make it less sticky and easier to work with.  Heat oven to 450 degrees with covered Dutch oven inside.  Remove dough from bowl and place in center of a lightly floured piece of parchment paper, lightly flour top and cover with kitchen towel.    Allow to rise while the oven and Dutch oven heat up.  After 45 mins, remove Dutch oven and place the dough in the Dutch oven by grabbing all 4 corners of the parchment paper to lift and place it in the pot.    Cover and bake for 35 mins, remove cover and continue to bake another ~20 mins until dark golden brown.    Remove and cool on a rack.    You can add in herbs, garlic, etc during the step of blending the dry ingredients.  Enjoy!
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Bentley:
I would venture to guess this is not going to look the same without the Dutch oven?  I have no Dutch oven or even a CI skillet!

Osborn Cox:

--- Quote from: Bentley on June 20, 2020, 05:59:25 PM ---I would venture to guess this is not going to look the same without the Dutch oven?  I have no Dutch oven or even a CI skillet!

--- End quote ---

I gave the recipe to my mom and she has done it in a covered pasta pot and halved the recipe and done it in a covered casserole dish.

....and PS, how do YOU not have a Dutch oven?   You’ve got all the cooking gadgets!

Bentley:
This is the kind of bread I want to have with a large bowl of Ham n Split Pea soup!

smokin soon:
Might give the "Artisan in Five" method try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View