Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ZCZ on 21 Jun 2020
  • Flowers on our patio. Geraniums and Nasturtiums

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by SmokinHandyman on 21 Jun 2020
  • I bet the birds would like to have some water in the bird bath.
  • #3 by ZCZ on 21 Jun 2020
  • This will be the last cook that I post from our lovely back yard in Chaska, MN.  We sold our place here last weekend and moving date is Aug. 7th. Heading to sunny southern Cal where our daughters & grandkids live. I call the hill in the background “Bentley’s Sliding Hill” from the winter scenes I have posted in the past. Alas, but he was not able to come and enjoy that. Tax-wise moving to CA from MN is a lateral move. Possibly less as CA does not tax Social Security income where MN does.

At any rate, the final shot of the Pro awaiting the cook later today:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Stay tuned for pictures later in the day
  • #4 by yorkdude on 21 Jun 2020
  • Leaving many memories to make many more.
  • #5 by ZCZ on 21 Jun 2020
  • I bet the birds would like to have some water in the bird bath.

Indeed they do. Several varieties do come to drink and also to splish-splash around.
  • #6 by ZCZ on 21 Jun 2020
  • Forgot to mention we are having my wife’s father over today who is 98.5 and her oldest brother who is his caregiver. His favorite meal is rib eye steak and lobster tail.
  • #7 by ZCZ on 21 Jun 2020
  • On the menu:
    Grilled rib eye steak
    Grilled lobster tail
    Grilled asparagus
    Baked potato with all the fixings
    Sautéed mushrooms
    Watermelon

For dessert:
    Brownie topped with ice cream, strawberries and hot fudge.

Stay tuned.  Serving at noon.
  • #8 by Bentley on 21 Jun 2020
  • Happy that the house is sold, always a chore in my book.  You get to be close to kids and grand children, and I know that will please you.  I hope you can get used to 60° Winters, the night time lows can hit 33° sometimes...it takes some getting use to!
  • #9 by Kristin Meredith on 21 Jun 2020
  • Menu sounds wonderful, hope you post photos later.

Congrats on the sale.  Moves are always physically very tough, but know you both will enjoy being so close to your family.
  • #10 by ZCZ on 21 Jun 2020
  • The sale went very fast. Went on MLS at 12:30 Friday 6/12 and first showing was at 1:15. Sold by Sunday evening 6/14 with 4 offers to chose from. Three of those were over list.  Very thankful!

Costco choice rib eye at $12.50 per lb. but it is for a worthy cause.  Will sear at 600 to medium rare.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #11 by Canadian John on 21 Jun 2020

•  Nice post.  Have a good and safe move.
  • #12 by W6YJ on 21 Jun 2020
  • That sounds like a great meal.

And welcome in advance to the left coast from Oceanside...
  • #13 by yorkdude on 21 Jun 2020
  • Congratulations on the house, safe travels. Now the rib eyes, uh-huh. Man those look fantastic.
  • #14 by ZCZ on 21 Jun 2020
  • Been visiting. Here are pix of the cook.

After the flip. Cooking at 600.  (2.5 minutes, rotate 90 deg., 2.5 minutes then flip)

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #15 by ZCZ on 21 Jun 2020
  • Then input the asparagus and lobster on the upper rack

Pages:
Actions