Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 25 Aug 2017
  • I was talking with Greg-B yesterday and our conversation got me thinking about what we like to cook on our pit (really what I like to have Bent cook for me ;D).

I don't think  it is any secret that the two of us are not into eating any of the 4 comp meats.  But there is so much more we use the pit for than those.  My favorites -- beef ribs!!!!!  Hands down the best thing ever.  But Bent also does a fabulous job on rib-eyes and  salmon (funny how he has becomes so good at cooking it on the pit since he will never eat it).

What about you and your families?  Traditional que favorites or do you use it for other things that are favorites?
  • #2 by riverrat49 on 25 Aug 2017
  • Whole Pacific Salmon- Is one of the Fav's in our family and with the exception of my Wife reverse Seared tri-tip, Steaks and prime rib.
  • #3 by TLK on 25 Aug 2017
  • I'll go w/ Atlantic Salmon.  Wait for a sale and then smoke extras to freeze for a later time
  • #4 by pmillen on 25 Aug 2017
  • My pit is used most often as a summer kitchen oven.  I was raised on soup and casseroles so I like casseroles and I cook them in my wood-fired oven.  I'll post some recipes as soon as the photograph issues are smoothed out.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Aug 2017
  • Chicken Wings
    Pulled Beef
    Steaks
    Burgers
    Chicken Breasts
  • #6 by Quadman750 on 26 Aug 2017
  • Beef back ribs
    Meatloaf
    Pizza
  • #7 by Bentley on 26 Aug 2017
  • Let me think...

70/30 Cheeseburgers
    Costco breaded shrimp
    Meatloaf
    Pizza
    Beef Ribs
    Pastrami
    Bier Rocks
    ABT's
    Bacon/Green Chili Grilled Cheese Sandwich

• #8 by pmillen on 26 Aug 2017
  • I'd be interested in that grilled cheese sandwich recipe.
  • #9 by Quadman750 on 26 Aug 2017
  • Wait till you see his grilled cheese hamburger
  • #10 by Bentley on 26 Aug 2017
  • Any Cheese, any chili or pepper.

Buttered Bread
    3 slices American
    1/4c each diced crisp bacon and diced Ortega green chili equally mixed
    3 more slices on top of mix
    Buttered bread

I'd be interested in that grilled cheese sandwich recipe.
  • #11 by Bentley on 26 Aug 2017
  • I forgot a made one with bacon once too...I did like the square to almost rectangle pattie though...You all have some good memories.

You are Never gonna here me say to much Bacon, but 12 slices of cheese was to much...Never thought I would say that.

Wait till you see his grilled cheese hamburger

• #12 by BigDave83 on 27 Aug 2017
  • Let me think...

70/30 Cheeseburgers
    Costco breaded shrimp
    Meatloaf
    Pizza
    Beef Ribs
    Pastrami
    Bier Rocks
    ABT's
    Bacon/Green Chili Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Tell me about the breaded shrimp and the pastrami please
  • #13 by Trooper on 27 Aug 2017
  • Well I think many heard me say before that I don't do the traditional competition style beef brisket.
    But I have had very good results with a typical 4 lb. beef chuck roast from the grocer.
    Long slow cook, smashed potatoes, veggies, hot rolls.
    Man-o-man, a classic Sunday Dinner!! Gluttony!
    I'll soon put some recipe ideas for this in the proper section.
  • #14 by Bobitis on 27 Aug 2017
  • I haven't used my oven in about 4 years. Everything gets done on the smoker at this time unless it's stove top burner stuff.

I'll qualify this as I've never done a brisket. I have done a corned beef thing to try and attain a pastrami. 30% shrinkage for value didn't go over well to me.

Were I to pick a favorite; it would be meat loaf. Don't get me wrong... It's all good. But meat loaf excels in the process.

The best part? Last months electric bill was 35 bucks +/-.   :-*
  • #15 by Quadman750 on 27 Aug 2017
  • Well I think many heard me say before that I don't do the traditional competition style beef brisket.
    But I have had very good results with a typical 4 lb. beef chuck roast from the grocer.
    Long slow cook, smashed potatoes, veggies, hot rolls.
    Man-o-man, a classic Sunday Dinner!! Gluttony!
    I'll soon put some recipe ideas for this in the proper section.

I'm going to have to try a chuck roast, I'm assuming not a extremely long cook.
Pages:
Actions