Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Mikro on 26 Jun 2020
  • I put 2 racks of spares and a small 3.5lb flat on the Rectec Stampede about 1.5 hours ago. Looks to be a good cook when done. :cool:
    Using BearMountain Hickory pellets, 225* rub on ribs is my own recipe, S&P on the flat. :)
    MK
  • #2 by urnmor on 26 Jun 2020
  • They look really nice
  • #3 by Mikro on 26 Jun 2020
  • They look really nice
    Thank you Sir. :)
  • #4 by Mikro on 26 Jun 2020
  • The ribs look good, correct bend in them. Now to wait 30mins them cut them up for the vacu seal bags and refreeze. Ready for another day of Good eats. :) Did get a few shiners in there. LOL!!
    mk
  • #5 by Bentley on 26 Jun 2020
  • In the 1st picture, the rack closest to the front, did you trim at all or did it come that squared up?
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jun 2020
  • I'm going to be honest, I am not a fan of spare ribs.  I prefer baby back ribs, but will eat St Louis ribs.  I got back and forth on the STL vs baby back.  My wife will mostly only eat baby back due to less fat and cartilage to have to eat around.  It has to be over 20 years since I have cooked a full spare rib.

However, we all enjoy different cuts of meat and different methods to cook so if you enjoyed the cook that is all that matters.
  • #7 by Canadian John on 27 Jun 2020

•  Nice pics + post. Thanks for sharing.
  • #8 by Mikro on 27 Jun 2020
  • In the 1st picture, the rack closest to the front, did you trim at all or did it come that squared up?
    That is out of the vacubag as I bought them, no trimming at all.
    mk

Thanks everyone for your comments, These will be enjoyed for the 2 of us over a few weeks as an easy meal to fix from the freezer. Just add sides. :)
    MK
  • #9 by ezgoin on 27 Jun 2020
  • I'm a full spares or and then St Louis spares fan myself.  Much more flavorful and cook up more tender than baby backs.
Pages:
Actions