Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something I don't get tired of- Smoked Turkey breast  (Read 825 times)

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
Re: Something I don't get tired of- Smoked Turkey breast
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 08:49:25 PM »

So these are multiple turkey breast that are meat glued together, or it is simply one 6lb turkey breast?  I think I must be the only guy that prefers processed turkey over regular!

Poultry Deli Meats

This is just a single turkey breast. Other than my one source, about the biggest I've found is 2 pounds. These, once skewered together, create a nice thickness to cook evenly for several hours. The small ones just cook too fast and uneven so you don't get all the smoke flavor as the larger ones.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 10:31:13 PM »

I get it now.  I thought it was a single breast, and I thought how can one breast weigh 6lbs.   So you pit them together to cook like they would be on the bird sans the breast bone?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 05:55:43 AM »

I get it now.  I thought it was a single breast, and I thought how can one breast weigh 6lbs.   So you pit them together to cook like they would be on the bird sans the breast bone?

Just a single breast. The skewers are just evening out that single breast. I, like you, was skeptical that 6 lbs turkey breasts existed. I was watching I believe YouTube videos years ago about Texas bbq. All these places seemed to be serving turkey breasts, and some videos had mentioned size, etc.

I started searching around the internet, and then my area. Finally, I came across the place where I get them.

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2020, 08:56:26 AM »

That looks excellent!  All I can find are the 3 pound Butterball breasts around here and I'm sure they are already brined because they are so moist.  I haven't done one in a while and ought to try one for slicing like that.  What temp did you run your pit at while cooking?
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 03:46:55 PM »

That looks excellent!  All I can find are the 3 pound Butterball breasts around here and I'm sure they are already brined because they are so moist.  I haven't done one in a while and ought to try one for slicing like that.  What temp did you run your pit at while cooking?

Typically I just go 275 all the way. I was playing with the controller a bit on this one, so it was all over the place. I think I started at 185 for an hour or so. Then 225 for another hour. Then 275 until it hit 135 to wrap. After wrapping I think I bumped to 300 because we were leaving soon.

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 10:32:47 AM »

Typically I just go 275 all the way. I was playing with the controller a bit on this one, so it was all over the place. I think I started at 185 for an hour or so. Then 225 for another hour. Then 275 until it hit 135 to wrap. After wrapping I think I bumped to 300 because we were leaving soon.

That's typically how I do mine temp wise, but I haven't tried wrapping.  I will on the next one if I can get it.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up