Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Firecraft

Cleaning Tips?

(1/2) > >>

goosta:
With my old gas grill, I'd just scrape down the grates before and after grilling. I would also clean out the inside occasionally (not as often as I should have).

I'm more inclined to take much better care of my new Q450. I know the ash needs to be cleaned out every few cooks. After every cook, I have been taking the cooking grates and the heat diffuser inside to the sink and scrubbing it all down. Been working well, just pretty messy. Is there a better way? Any idea if the cooking grates are dishwasher safe?

Thanks!
Ron

dclord:
I buy wide aluminum foil and lay a sheet on the drip tray / heat diffuser. I just brush the grate and occasionally wipe it with a rag. The grate is chromed steel so it would most likely rust in the dishwasher.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

goosta:

--- Quote from: dclord on September 25, 2017, 03:17:44 PM ---I buy wide aluminum foil and lay a sheet on the drip tray / heat diffuser. I just brush the grate and occasionally wipe it with a rag. The grate is chromed steel so it would most likely rust in the dishwasher.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Good to know. Thanks for the tip!

Bar-B-Lew:
better way - I don't bother...I scrape the stuff off with a wide grill scraper and suck it up with a shop vac if it doesn't burn off during a cook.  I'm not a big fan of extra work to keep the grill looking like new.

LowSlowJoe:
It's a grill... brush the grates down every cook, preferably while it's still warm.  Drip tray,  scrape the gunk off it when it needs it. 

Being a pellet grill,  dump or vacuum the burn pot every cook. Nothing worse than having a bunch of food prepared only to find the pellets won't light because ash has built up in the firepot.

If you want to spend time cleaning your Q450,  clean up the smoke stains around the door areas where the smoke sneaks out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View