Recipe Section > Pork

Baby Backs from Costco.

(1/4) > >>

okie smokie:
Decided to do ribs today, with baked potato and Cherry pie and ice cream.  Swift's Premium baby backs from Costco, 3-2-1 style. My favorite rub, (no longer available). Hickory Blend pellets from LJ. 3 hrs at 200*, then wrapped with brown sugar, butter, honey, Tiger sauce, and a little apple juice.  Foiled for 2 hrs at 225*, then painted with a blueberry BBQ sauce (also no longer available) and back on grill naked at 225* until the sauce sets.  Nothing to see early, but will get a finished pic and report the results.  My wife is the ultimate judge and prefers St. Louis style.  So if she approves the change of ribs, I will do it again.  More to follow.   

Bentley:
Does the Blueberry sauce have any effect color wise on a cooked rib?

okie smokie:

--- Quote from: okie smokie on July 02, 2020, 05:42:55 PM ---Decided to do ribs today, with baked potato and Cherry pie and ice cream.  Swift's Premium baby backs from Costco, 3-2-1 style. My favorite rub, (no longer available). Hickory Blend pellets from LJ. 3 hrs at 200*, then wrapped with brown sugar, butter, honey, Tiger sauce, and a little apple juice.  Foiled for 2 hrs at 225*, then painted with a blueberry BBQ sauce (also no longer available) and back on grill naked at 225* until the sauce sets.  Nothing to see early, but will get a finished pic and report the results.  My wife is the ultimate judge and prefers St. Louis style.  So if she approves the change of ribs, I will do it again.  More to follow.

--- End quote ---
Darker almost charred look, but they were wonderful.  Really great Q but I will soon be out of the sauce.  My son was with a local group "Three Guys" and they won 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in a very large comp with their sauces many years ago. Blueberry, raspberry, and a hotter raspberry. They produced and distributed the sauces in the Tulsa area for some years, but the group disbanded (after 25 yrs) and the production was discontinued. I am on the last bottle now.  Here are the pics:

yorkdude:
Oh man those look fantastic. I used to get a spicy apple and peach bbq sauce that was outrageous. Fruit, smoke, pork.....yep, I am in.

pmillen:
Great looking ribs, Okie.

On the sauce–Is it possible for you to get the recipe(s) to publish for small batches we make?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View