Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 03 Jul 2020
  • Got some wings yesterday to cook tomorrow.  Chicken legs were .99 cents a pound and wings were $2.69 so probably should have gone with drumsticks as the better value, but I do love bbq'ed wings!!!
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Jul 2020
  • I have some smoked pork/beef sausage in 1.5# links from Sam's club that I am making.

I cut them down the middle and butterfly them to cook on the grill at about 250° flipping occasionally.  When they look like they are close to done, I then start to paint them with bbq sauce. Then, about every 15 minutes or so, flip and paint the other side.  Each side gets at least 2-3 coats.  They are kinda like sausage  burnt ends when they get pulled off the grill.

My neighbor when I lived in Memphis taught me how to make these.  He used to make them at Mississippi St baseball games when he was in college tailgating in the outfield and watching Will Clark play.
  • #3 by KeithG on 03 Jul 2020
  • Have a packer brisket we will start tonight before bed. Plan is to slice flat and turn point into burnt ends. Dinner tomorrow will be that, a Mac salad and we’re trying a new coleslaw recipe, tequila lime coleslaw with cilantro.
  • #4 by Hank D Thoreau on 03 Jul 2020
  • I'm cooking on my pit three to four days per week or more year around. Now the question is, what am I going to cook?

Lately, I have had to cook what is coming close to the use/freeze by date.

I have a couple of pork butts in my freezer. I would like to get to one soon.

I am hesitant to try two at the same time again. Last time it took 18:30 hours to get my second one done which lead to a thermodynamics discussion.

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=3909.0

• #5 by glitchy on 03 Jul 2020
  • Cooking a Duroc butt for dinner tomorrow and maybe brats for lunch.
  • #6 by hughver on 03 Jul 2020
  • My 4th of July dinner is tonight, I'm fixing boneless beef short ribs, smoked, sous vide and seared. To complement the meat, I'm also going to cook some smoked short ribs with red wine, beef broth, onions and garlic in the Insta Pot so that I have a beefy gravy for the meat and rice. I'll save the Insta Pot meat for later.
    The total meal will consist of salad, ribs, rice/gravy, carrots/peas (cooked in the Insta Pot in the beef gravy) and blueberry/peach crumble for desert.
  • #7 by Clonesmoker on 03 Jul 2020
  • Started off with putting two chuck roasts for pulled beef on followed by brat patties on the bottom rack of my DB. 90 minutes at 225 on the brat patties was perfect! Best tasting brats patties I've ever had!! 

Will do some St. Louis style ribs on Sunday.
  • #8 by pmillen on 03 Jul 2020
  • Brat patties?

You take the stuffing out of the casing and make a patty?  90 minutes at 225°, then eat it like a hamburger?
  • #9 by glitchy on 03 Jul 2020
  • Local grocery stores here sell patties, just the same meat and seasoning formed into a patty instead of stuffed. Fareway has then a lot, but thought Hy-Vee did too, so surprised you haven’t seen them.
  • #10 by yorkdude on 03 Jul 2020
  • Local grocery stores here sell patties, just the same meat and seasoning formed into a patty instead of stuffed. Fareway has then a lot, but thought Hy-Vee did too, so surprised you haven’t seen them.
    Indeed, mustard, onions and cheap ol white buns.
  • #11 by GREG-B on 03 Jul 2020
  • Goin to a friends place for the 4th.  Traditional burgers and dogs.  He'll be using a gasser. 
  • #12 by Jimsbarbecue on 04 Jul 2020
  • Tri tip ,asparagus ,pineapple
  • #13 by reubenray on 04 Jul 2020
  • I will be putting on two pork butts shortly.  Being I am traveling in my motorhome I will be using the Traeger Junior for them.  We are in NW Arkansas where my brother and his family lives.
  • #14 by David on 04 Jul 2020
  • 3 racks of BB ribs
  • #15 by MP09 on 04 Jul 2020
  • Grandkids wanted bacon wrapped dogs and corn on the cob. I'll be adding chili to mine...
Pages:
Actions