Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 04 Jul 2020
  • It appears I am, Brisket!
  • #17 by jdmessner on 04 Jul 2020
  • My grills are still in storage from the move. It won't feel like home until they arrive! However, I may do a chicken on the electric smoker later on.
  • #18 by okie smokie on 04 Jul 2020
  • Sadly no.  We are staying home alone and will do Hot Dogs inside.  One of our kids and family are coming home from SC beaches and motor home parks--so we will definitely avoid them for a couple of weeks.  Their timing was bad but they had a great time and feel well, Butttttttttt.
  • #19 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Jul 2020
  • Here is the start of the BBQ sausages.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #20 by RobertG on 04 Jul 2020
  • BB Ribs
  • #21 by cookingjnj on 04 Jul 2020
  • I bought 3# of Chuck Roast, which I am planning on grinding for hamburgers.  This will be my first attempt at grinding meat myself, so will be interesting to see how it comes out.  Have not decided to cook on the RT or over charcoal on the kettle.  First things first, gotta see how the grinding goes. 
  • #22 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Jul 2020
  • Here is the first brush of BBQ sauce on one side of the sausages.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #23 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Jul 2020
  • Final product

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #24 by Hank D Thoreau on 04 Jul 2020
  • I did the breakfast on the Blue Razor griddle. Thick sliced bacon, kielbasa, potatoes with onions and yellow bell peppers and eggs (any style).

I added a grilled tomato for me. We had one person choose the breakfast burrito option.

Dinner last night was tacos. We still have a lot left over. I have already had tacos for lunch. You can never have too many tacos.

We have 10 avocados waiting to ripen for guacamole.

I also have a bunch of brats and some salmon. Between today and tomorrow we will probably cook a bunch of it.

I'll know what and when by looking at the use/freeze by dates.
  • #25 by yorkdude on 05 Jul 2020
  • Final product

[ Invalid Attachment ]
    Those look good, was the bbq sauce traditional or was it with some kind of kick?
  • #26 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Jul 2020
  • I've used many different commercial BBQ sauces and they all end up tasting the same on the sausage.  Typically, I just use Kraft Original because it is cheap.  This time was Sweet Baby Ray's.
  • #27 by yorkdude on 05 Jul 2020
  • I've used many different commercial BBQ sauces and they all end up tasting the same on the sausage.  Typically, I just use Kraft Original because it is cheap.  This time was Sweet Baby Ray's.
    I am with you, we have tried many. For just good old BBQ sauce you, in our opinion, can’t beat either one. Kraft 1st.
  • #28 by pmillen on 05 Jul 2020
  • I bought 3# of Chuck Roast, which I am planning on grinding for hamburgers.

Are you using a dedicated grinder or an attachment?

I have a yen to try it, but I should try the Kitchenade attachment before making a larger investment.
  • #29 by cookingjnj on 05 Jul 2020
  • Hi pmillen.  I used the kitchenade attachment to grind the meat.  I know I am very much an amateur meat grinder, but if it is always this easy, no need for a dedicated grinder.  I took a 3# chuck roast, and the actual time to cut it into pieces and then grind was about 10 minutes total.  This included grinding the meat a second time, which I have read on this site and others is the best way to go.  I have to say it did turn out fantastic.  Burgers cooked to a perfect medium rare.  The one thing that might disappoint is I did decide to use my charcoal kettle pit rather than my RT for this cook.
    (Sorry to original poster if this hijacked the thread....but it was grinded and cooked on the 4th which is still in the theme).
  • #30 by pmillen on 05 Jul 2020
  • JNJ!  You're pushing me toward the edge!

Those look like great hamburgers.
Pages:
Actions