Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: stainless steel lid cleaning  (Read 997 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: stainless steel lid cleaning
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 01:29:20 PM »

Okie, try just putting the silicone on the lid and closing it on waxed paper.  That's worked in other applications.
Well it stuck to both the Scotch tape and the lid, so had to pry open. It was such an ugly mess, I removed it all.  Did not get to try the waxed paper as suggested. I used non stick-spray on the Scotch Tape but apparently that does not work.
 Found some 1/8" by 1/2" black high temp Nomex (like) that I used on the Blaz'n.  Did not have enough but ordered another roll. I had enough to do the top and bottom of the lid. Super easy, and stuck well. Also it is rather ubiquitous since it also is black like the lid. Almost invisible. Will await the new roll and finish the job this next week.  Nothing special to cook this week that I can't do in the oven or stove.
Anyhow, I don't think I will even have to loosen and adjust the lid after I get the rest of the edges sealed. 

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: stainless steel lid cleaning
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »

Got the gasket today and finished the job.  Will crank it up tomorrow and take picks during startup to see if any leaks around the lid. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up