Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Clonesmoker on 06 Jul 2020
  • I've seen a lot of places that will smoke their wings and then flash fry them to crisp them up. We have  our last high school graduation party that I will be smoking brisket and doing some wings.  Was supposed to have graduation ceremonies on the May 24 and when covid hit...well... graduation is now July 11 with grad party on July 18th. 

Do you smoke the wings all the way through and then just flash fry them? Or partially smoke and then fry for a little longer?  I found it easier to separate the flat from the point to help reduce cooking time. That way I can cook, foil, and into the cooler they go as they will stay hot for quite awhile. Grad party starts at 11 am. going to do around 30 lbs of wings and 3 packer briskets. 

Just going to season wings with S&P and let people apply sauce if they want to. The ole' DB will be busy that Friday night/Saturday.
  • #2 by hughver on 06 Jul 2020
  • I don't remember ever cooking wings, but after a brief search, it seems that twice cooking them has the best results for crispy wings, i.e. smoke, cool  then either fry or smoke at high temperature till crisp.  ???
  • #3 by yorkdude on 06 Jul 2020
  • The only way I have ever fried them was on our Davey Crocket, somewhere on here I think there is a few pictures of us doing thighs. We did the same thing for the wings, keeps the smell outside, get a slight smoke flavor etc.
    The GMG website has the recipe I think and they were fried in butter, it truly was great. We have done it quite a few times and each time it came out fantastic.
Pages:
Actions