Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Blaz'n Grills

Free Don Godke's Downdraft Mod for Blaz'n Grills

<< < (2/3) > >>

okie smokie:

--- Quote from: keithj69 on July 14, 2020, 12:27:07 PM ---I would be more than happy to take it off your hands.  Let me know how much for shipping.

Looked on the site and it will work with the Grid Iron.

--- End quote ---
And the winner is----
Thanks Keith.  Sent you a personal message.  Will let you know the cost asap. 

keithj69:
Thanks for offering it up here. 
Time to tear apart the grill and get it cleaned up ahead of time.   Ordered a creekstone brisket yesterday that they had on sale.  It will be the second or third cook after i get things dialed in. 

okie smokie:
It's on the way. Easy to install. Just pull and replace the chimney bolts one at a time. That way you won't damage the gasket cause the chimney won't move. The old nuts and washer will work, then just slide the mod  on the bolts and add the additional washers and nuts. Be careful just to snug them up so you don't distort the mod. (you could also use some larger nuts or washers as spacers to fill the gap but not nec.  I had no problem with the nuts coming loose. Have fun and show us your results. 

keithj69:
I have finally gotten around to cook with the downdraft.  I currently have a 16 lb wagyu brisket in that has been going for about 10 1/2 hours.  Using lumberjack comp pellets and running around 225 this whole time.  My observations are that this has helped with outputing more smoke. I'll know about taste later tonight. 

Thank you again Okie for offering this up.

Edit:  I just noticed something.  I usually have a layer of ash all over the place.  I am not seeing it.  I just checked my wrapped brisket and it even seems less on the inside of the grill than in the past.  There was some on the wrap, which i do consider as normal, but not like in the past without the downdraft.  Hmmm.  Now that it isn't 120 degrees on my patio, I think it is time to do some serious testing.

okie smokie:
Let us know how the brisket turns out.  Glad you are up and running.  Don't forget pics.   :bbq:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View