Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by yorkdude on 12 Jul 2020
  • Could not decide on what to eat this morning. I wanted brats for lunch but we got a late start as we were at a birthday party. So I made a bratwurst omelette. Pretty dang good.
  • #2 by Osborn Cox on 12 Jul 2020
  • We mix leftover brats in with scrambled eggs all the time, it’s a favorite at my house.  I like your omelette idea, could add a little kraut in then too, right before you fold it.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 12 Jul 2020

•  Looks delish'.
  • #4 by Bentley on 12 Jul 2020
  • To much of a purist I guess. I need, ham or bacon or sausage...on a stretch, a sweet Italian.  But the quality of the work, I know great Short Order cooks that cant make an omelette that uniform!
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 12 Jul 2020
  • Ummm!!!
    Like bacon, brats are good with anything.
  • #6 by yorkdude on 12 Jul 2020
  • To much of a purist I guess. I need, ham or bacon or sausage...on a stretch, a sweet Italian.  But the quality of the work, I know great Short Order cooks that cant make an omelette that uniform!
    We also are purists, meaning at least for me sausage. We were trying to “thread the needle” with filling the belly and trying to incorporate lunch that we knew we would miss and something to eat. It was quite good. Just got home from swimming and I am thinking home cured bacon with Kansas tomatoes for a BLT-C. C= cheese. Not so conventional but pretty dang good.

• #7 by Bentley on 12 Jul 2020
  • I see, it was a Bratlette for lunch.  OK, makes a little more sense.  And I should have specified breakfast sausage, as a Bratwurst is most certainly a sausage!
  • #8 by BigDave83 on 13 Jul 2020
  • The omelet looks great.

I usually use leftover ones in a fritatta,  with some onions, peppers, cheese, some mushrooms if I think I can sneak them past the Gf.
Pages:
Actions