Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open fire beef ribs done to medium with no sous vide.  (Read 718 times)

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
Re: Open fire beef ribs done to medium with no sous vide.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2020, 06:24:44 PM »

Yep, that’s it. We would put 1/2 chickens on it and just adore the smell. By far the best chicken I have ever eaten. The rendering would just kiss the fire and make nothing but delicious. Man I miss it.

I added the grate on the right side and pushed the hanging meat over to throw a couple half chickens on toward the end of the rib cook. Didn't take any pictures. You are correct through. The chicken drippings hitting the coals is heavenly.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2020, 06:59:19 PM »

Yep, that’s it. We would put 1/2 chickens on it and just adore the smell. By far the best chicken I have ever eaten. The rendering would just kiss the fire and make nothing but delicious. Man I miss it.

I added the grate on the right side and pushed the hanging meat over to throw a couple half chickens on toward the end of the rib cook. Didn't take any
pictures. You are correct through. The chicken drippings hitting the coals is heavenly.
It is the absolute best. It was probably the best smell I have ever witnessed on a open pit.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2020, 08:48:25 PM »

I know that this is a pellet forum, but I have to chime in on the chicken

I never cooked chicken better than on my drum smoker with the renderings dripping on the coals and rolling back up to flavor the bird.

I recall that Bentley made a drum that looked like a big battery.  Did you cook chicken on it, Bentley?
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2020, 11:48:52 AM »

I am not sure I cooked anything on it, if I did I have no memory of it.  I made it on a whim and then sold it to a CBBQA member from Northern California!  Notice the precision sealing top!  And the custom handle with true angles...

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 11:51:41 AM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up