Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by yorkdude on 19 Jul 2020
  • Oh no, now “beyond chicken” at KFC. Not for me.
  • #2 by ylr on 19 Jul 2020
  • KFPlant? ??? :puke: Sheeple will eat anything..... :puke:
  • #3 by Canadian John on 19 Jul 2020

•  Why are you so concerned?   It could be revolutionary?  There might be something entirely different in its make-up?  Could be high chicken feather content?  Is anyone willing to try it?

• #4 by yorkdude on 19 Jul 2020

•  Why are you so concerned?   It could be revolutionary?  There might be something entirely different in its make-up?  Could be high chicken feather content?  Is anyone willing to try it?
    You go first and let me know please. Not me.
  • #5 by hughver on 19 Jul 2020
  • I'm relatively open minded, I tried Beyond Beef, it was OK but so is oatmeal. Based on beef experience, probably won't try chicken.  :puke:
  • #6 by yorkdude on 19 Jul 2020
  • I'm relatively open minded, I tried Beyond Beef, it was OK but so is oatmeal. Based on beef experience, probably won't try chicken.  :puke:
    We also tried BK’s burger. Nope, I’m gonna pass.
  • #7 by acguy on 19 Jul 2020
  • All these “beyond meat” products always seem to harp on the fact they taste just like beef or chicken or whatever animal product they are trying to copy. They are simply playing on the lack of intelligence of the sheeple.
    If I want something that tastes like a burger I will have a burger. If I want KFC Chicken I will order that. These new processed products are full of additives to give them a meat product flavor.
    Another thing to consider, these products are usually priced the same or higher than meat products but the actual cost to manufacture is considerably less. Is it a coincidence that they are heavily marketing a product that has a higher profit margin to a segment of the population that has been brainwashed to believe we should be vegetarians? I don’t think so.
  • #8 by SmokinHandyman on 19 Jul 2020
  • Not for me.
    I am not a big chicken fan.
  • #9 by Bentley on 19 Jul 2020
  • Yeah, from what I can tell, your cardiologist is not going to sign off on it, so it has to be for those that are uninformed (I know, not many like that out there).  I could see if it was a...well I can't have real meat, so this is the next best thing...but from a health standpoint I dont think it is.
  • #10 by Ralphie on 19 Jul 2020
  • If you are a vegetarian, or just happen to like it, then have at it. If an improved diet is what you want then either moderate your meat intake or ask your doc/dietician/google for alternatives.
    With these new products, meatless ≠ healthy alternative.
  • #11 by ezgoin on 20 Jul 2020
  • I didn't reach the top of the food chain to eat fake meat of any type.  I can never remember which type of cholesterol is which, but I do remember that brisket is the only part of the cow with the good type. 

The way I look at is still all things in moderation.
  • #12 by lil moose on 20 Jul 2020
  • FAKE NEWS, FAKE BURGERS, FAKE YARDBIRD  My gosh do we see what we are doing to ourselves  ??? ???
  • #13 by okie smokie on 20 Jul 2020
  • I don't have the specs before me, but an earlier review I did on phony meat showed that the imitations have as much or more fat, similar protein, and more carbs. For a higher caloric total. Unless you are a vegetarian based on religion, what is there to gain. (The cholesterol argument is currently being discredited around the world).  Did I mention the price difference. Impossible whopper is $1.50 or so more than the whopper. Sheep is the correct name for the consumers this is aimed for. IMHO.

• #14 by Bentley on 20 Jul 2020
  • In our area, they have added the Impossible burger to the 2 for $6 menu, so it is more inline with a regular Whopper in Price.  But yeah, when it came out, you want me to pay $1.5 more for a meatless burger.  It was a one time buy for me, I will say, it tasted good!
  • #15 by Hank D Thoreau on 21 Jul 2020
  • I think McDonald's beat them to it. It's called Chicken McNuggets.
Pages:
Actions