Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by yorkdude on 21 Jul 2020
  • Left picture is how I like them.
    Right picture is how my wife likes them.
    Who wins?
    First picture is on the grill
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Jul 2020
  • Probably more like your tastes, but will eat them how your wife prefers them cooked too.  Most of the time, I cook them in a crock pot with a bottle of beer and can of kraut.  Or, I will put them on the smoker at 250° for about 30-45 minutes depending on how many ounces the dogs are.  I rarely cook them on the grill at a high temp to get a char.
  • #3 by yorkdude on 21 Jul 2020
  • Probably more like your tastes, but will eat them how your wife prefers them cooked too.  Most of the time, I cook them in a crock pot with a bottle of beer and can of kraut.  Or, I will put them on the smoker at 250° for about 30-45 minutes depending on how many ounces the dogs are.  I rarely cook them on the grill at a high temp to get a char.
    These are 4/1 and Nathan brand.
    We love a grilled dog on a bun but I forgot to grab buns. SO....here is how we ate them.
    Mine 1st pic and hers 2nd pic.
  • #4 by Bentley on 21 Jul 2020
  • All 6 look pretty good to me!
  • #5 by Osborn Cox on 21 Jul 2020
  • I like your wife’s style, but I haven’t ever met a dog I didn’t like.   Man’s best friend.
  • #6 by cookingjnj on 21 Jul 2020
  • I like my hotdog on a grill with some grill marks for that added flavor.  Nathan's or Sabretts are the way we roll when cooking hotdogs.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Jul 2020
  • I like Sabrette's but I am a big fan of flavored ones by Hippey's...jalapeno cheddar and chili cheese.
  • #8 by glitchy on 22 Jul 2020
  • I like mine buried under chili or wrapped in cornmeal and fried :P Otherwise, I’ll take a burger.
  • #9 by Hank D Thoreau on 22 Jul 2020
  • Sliced lengthwise and grilled. I also concur with covered in chili, although it has to be full chili and beans and not chili paste.

But the best hot dog is either a brat or kielbasa.
  • #10 by urnmor on 22 Jul 2020
  •  haven’t ever met a dog I didn’t like.  That said I cut mine down the middle stuff with onions  and cheese and topped with mustard relish and sometimes pickled peppers.https://pelletfan.com/Smileys/akyhne/cool0012.gif
  • #11 by Canadian John on 22 Jul 2020

•  Contrarian here.    Steamed bun. Dog boiled in water to heat.    Condiments - Relish, ketchup and a few pieces of finely chopped onion.  Other than that, there is a high end butcher in Peterborough that makes

his own "wieners". He is offended if they are called dogs. If asked if he has any dogs, the answer is often no..Are they good?  They are superb. I like them done any way but cold.
  • #12 by Osborn Cox on 22 Jul 2020
  • Not sure if it’s correct, but to me a wiener has to have a natural casing.   Living in an area that is heavily populated with German ancestry, we have an abundance of small family butcher shops that make their family recipe of all types of German sausages.   Many make both wieners and frankfurters, I prefer wieners, but they are both good.
  • #13 by BigDave83 on 22 Jul 2020
  • Hot dogs are like bacon with me, anything from right out of the pack to burnt. I love burnt black outside hot dogs with ketchup, if I do them like normal people mustard and onions for me.
  • #14 by MP09 on 22 Jul 2020
  • I cook mine on grill grates wrapped in bacon. Cooked until bacon is nice and crispy...
  • #15 by 02ebz06 on 22 Jul 2020
  • Hot dogs are like bacon with me, anything from right out of the pack to burnt. I love burnt black outside hot dogs with ketchup, if I do them like normal people mustard and onions for me.

Your post reminded me of an old Western with James Garner.
    When asked "How would you like your steak?", he replied "Burnt".

That is is the way I like my dogs (but not my steak).
Pages:
Actions