Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Canadian John on 22 Jul 2020

•  Forgot this one.  Roasted over an open wood fire. Bun done the same. Has a flavour of its own. Condiments not required.
  • #17 by hughver on 22 Jul 2020
  • I like the one on the far right.  :lick:
  • #18 by Bentley on 23 Jul 2020
  • Steamed Buns are a true luxury...Microwave is a poor substitute!  Does seem to be the grilled camp or the soft camp for dog or burger buns!
  • #19 by dclord on 23 Jul 2020
  • I like the ones on the right, but I usually do them in the toaster oven and don't get any black.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• #20 by yorkdude on 23 Jul 2020
  • My wife used to always steam the buns in a perforated basket that sat inside a large soup pot and obviously above the water.
    Now that you mention it, not sure why she stopped doing it.
    I used to love getting boiled hot dogs with steamed buns off a hot dog wagon, man those were great.
  • #21 by urnmor on 23 Jul 2020
  • How about a Seattle Dog.
  • #22 by Bentley on 23 Jul 2020
  • Tell me whats on it and I will tell you if I will eat it...who am I kidding, I will eat it, tell me whats on it and I will tell you if I will like eating it!
  • #23 by urnmor on 24 Jul 2020
  • Tell me whats on it and I will tell you if I will eat it...who am I kidding, I will eat it, tell me whats on it and I will tell you if I will like eating it!

I cannot tell a lie.  I only heard about it yesterday in ChefSteps.   It is a  is a hot dog topped with cream cheese and sauteed onions .  Now that I know about it I will need to try it as I always have cream cheese and onions in the house.  If you do try it let me know wha you think of it.
  • #24 by Bentley on 24 Jul 2020
  • Love cream cheese, sautéed onions no brainier, but the combo on a dog does not seem right.  But hay, I did not like fried eggs when I was 8.  Lets give it a go tomorrow, I have onions from the garden and cream cheese I was gonna us on cinnamon rolls.  Lets see how it goes.  Think a VA Smoked Sausage would be acceptable, or does it need to be a real dog?
  • #25 by glitchy on 24 Jul 2020
  • You guys ever steam buns in the microwave? Get a paper towel wet (pretty damp, but not dripping) wrap the bun and zap it for just a few seconds. I don’t remember the magic number it was something like just 8 seconds. Works pretty well. I found it looking for ways to fix dry burger buns one day on Google and close by stores were closed to get more.

Be careful taking out as the towel gets pretty warm.
  • #26 by urnmor on 24 Jul 2020
  • Think a VA Smoked Sausage would be acceptable, or does it need to be a real dog? I think it would be great
Pages:
Actions