Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by baumer64 on 21 Jul 2020
  • My Firecraft quit working mid cook a while ago.  I just realized where the fuse was and replaced it.  When I plugged it back in, front lighted but when I hit start, the fuse blew again.

Suggestions on what to check first?  As the grill was lit when it originally blew, I doubt it's the starter rod but I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks!
  • #2 by Canadian John on 22 Jul 2020
  •  Disconnect the igniter, replace the fuse + try again. If the fuse blows again, disconnect the fan + retry, then the auger. With all disconnected, if the fuse still blows it's either the cord or the controller.
  • #3 by Bentley on 22 Jul 2020
  • Can you plug it into a ground fault receptacle?
  • #4 by baumer64 on 23 Jul 2020
  • Thanks guys.
    We're in a rental farm house right now that was built in 1910.  No GFI circuts here.  I'll run through the tests by unplugging different parts.

I'll report back once I have a chance to do so.

• #5 by baumer64 on 25 Jul 2020
  • Well I sure wish I had checked closer when this first quit working. Seeing how all of the controllers have been going bad, I assumed that was my problem. Ended up it was the igniter. Put in a new one and I've got a pork butt smoking now.
  • #6 by Bentley on 25 Jul 2020
  • Glad to hear you are back to cooking!
  • #7 by baumer64 on 25 Jul 2020
  • Well, I hadn't quit competely.  I picked up a Davy Crockett in the spring so we can cook while camping.  That's a great little cooker too!  Nice to have the Firecraft back though for more cooking room and for the searing.
Pages:
Actions