Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Jul 2020
  • Anyone have issues with their grill coming up to temp slower when it is really humid for a period of days?

I thought I did a few weeks ago on my Memphis and I had just put a new igniter rod in the unit a few months earlier.  I was wondering if the humidity may somehow impact the pellets in the hopper and add moisture content to them causing them to burn slower.
  • #2 by reubenray on 23 Jul 2020
  • I live just North of the Gulf coast of Alabama and I have not had any issues with the humidity.  My smoker sits outside with a cover on it and that is all.  I keep pellets in the hopper all the time.  If anything I have issues with the salt from the coast.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 23 Jul 2020
  •  Not on my Memphis Pro. Starts and heats quickly. Perhaps faster in the high heat. Has been very hot with average humidity . Last few days, extremely high humidity with heat into the 90º range. Humidity now

93% @ 10:34 Am.
  • #4 by okie smokie on 23 Jul 2020
  • Here is what happens when a small amount of water gets into your dry pellets. Followed by a discussion of the effects of humidity. Also a review of how waterproof heating pellets are made.
    Bottom line, I am satisfied that humidity does affect how pellets perform. And remember--the bags they come in are perforated--so store them in a dry (preferably low humidity) place.

https://www.pelheat.com/keep_wood_pellets_dry.html
  • #5 by Bentley on 23 Jul 2020
  • Have not noticed it over the last 3 weeks and the backyard is like a swamp!
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Jul 2020
  • I could have been my impatience too
  • #7 by yorkdude on 23 Jul 2020
  • Mine stay in a covered and sealed area, I have never noticed any difference and our humidity is unrelenting in the summer.
Pages:
Actions