Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by yorkdude on 23 Jul 2020
  • So BBL’s cheesesteak tour made me look today while traveling all over Kansas City for one. I really don’t know of any notable places and my go-to KC foodie is on vacation.....so I grabbed a Runza in Lawrence, KS. Not a cheesesteak I know but they are good if you ask me, think bierocks.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Jul 2020
  • show us a pic unwrapped
  • #3 by yorkdude on 23 Jul 2020
  • First pic has the cheese one on the left, no cheese right. 2nd pic intact.
  • #4 by RWhyman on 23 Jul 2020
  • Being a native Nebraskan, I know all about Runza's. I've had my share and always get one whenever we get back there. Since both of our parents have past, we don't go back much anymore.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 24 Jul 2020
  • I don't know what it is but i would eat it. Probably why I am fat.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Jul 2020

They seem to be almost like mini cheesesteak strombolis but I think they have cabbage in them too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runza
  • #7 by yorkdude on 24 Jul 2020
    They are pretty dang good, we get them every couple of months or so.
  • #8 by yorkdude on 24 Jul 2020
  • Being a native Nebraskan, I know all about Runza's. I've had my share and always get one whenever we get back there. Since both of our parents have past, we don't go back much anymore.
    I also get them when I am in Nebraska for a job start.
    You would know better than me but every single time I have eaten at any of them, they consistently serve the hottest onion rings or fries, I mean like right out of the fryer, is that your experience also?
    They are just always smokin hot and always good but I am a fan for the thick crinkle cut fries anyway.
  • #9 by Free Mr. Tony on 24 Jul 2020
  • I've heard of them, but never had one. Like Lew said, looks sort of like a pizza pocket of sorts.
  • #10 by Bentley on 24 Jul 2020
  • At 1st I thought it was a Bierock!  It looks good.
  • #11 by yorkdude on 24 Jul 2020
  • I've heard of them, but never had one. Like Lew said, looks sort of like a pizza pocket of sorts.
    Looks yes, taste not even close. The bread is very soft and very good.
Pages:
Actions