Pages:
Actions
  • #106 by Bentley on 07 Jan 2021
  • Broke off a few of the post into a bread thread as I was stepping on Lew's thread!

Are those fried plantains?
  • #107 by Bentley on 07 Jan 2021
  • I will start posting more of my failures, that should help with aversion therapy.  I know Dang well it would if you could taste them!

When I see these great sammies everyone is making, my mouth waters at the same time my alarms go off.
  • #108 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Jan 2021
  • Don't worry about me.  I'm OK with where it was going, but I do agree that it was extremely worthy of a post on its own so it didn't get lost somewhere.  That will be fun to follow.

And, sorry to hear that you didn't order a #13 today. I think I will get one tomorrow.  I think I had one last Friday too.
  • #109 by Bentley on 14 Jan 2021
  • Lew, just say the word and it is gone...

RD today to get the fixins for Jersy Mike's #13.  I just called out local shop and was told 10.25oz of meat per sandwich.  I just realized that is the $14 Giant and not the $9 regular, so I am even when I get to sandwich #8!  I the joys of being a Cheap Screw, wonder if my meats are the same or better quality the Jersey Mike's?  That I have no idea.  Also, pretty sure I can get the Mike's Way close except for the spices, and maybe oil & vinegar...

2nd photo...Kristin wanted a fried bologna sandwich for dinner, and I love soppressata...

• #110 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Jan 2021
  • I can't wait to see the finished product for the Bentley #13.

Are you planning to slice, vac seal and freeze in portions to slap on a bun like they do at Subway?
  • #111 by Free Mr. Tony on 14 Jan 2021
  • I believe when I've looked into it in the past, the shakers that they use are just oregano and salt.
  • #112 by Bentley on 14 Jan 2021
  • Less Pepperoni & salami, more of the other 3 meats.  Fresh bread is a must, this was good, but a fresh roll takes it over the top!  As silly as it sounds, way to much meat!

Yes, probably 2 sandwiches to a pack.

Are you planning to slice, vac seal and freeze in portions to slap on a bun like they do at Subway?

Thank you.

I believe when I've looked into it in the past, the shakers that they use are just oregano and salt.

• #113 by Bentley on 14 Jan 2021

• #114 by Kristin Meredith on 14 Jan 2021
  • Nothing better than fried bologna on white bread with Miracle Whip -- although I should have fried it for about 1 more minute.
  • #115 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Jan 2021
  • I would eat that hoagie in a heartbeat.  Looks great!
  • #116 by 02ebz06 on 14 Jan 2021
  • You're making me hungry Bentley.
    Glad it's dinner time.  :cool:
  • #117 by 02ebz06 on 16 Jan 2021
  • I made the Cuban bread yesterday and threw some things in it to make a sandwich today.
    Diced Prime Rib Roast, sauteed onions and peppers, with a 50/50 mozzarella and provolone cheese on top.
    Was good, but Homemade bread definitely should be eaten same day it is made.
  • #118 by Free Mr. Tony on 16 Jan 2021
  • Looks good. I freeze almost everything I make immediately after cooling if I'm not eating that day. Sometimes I intentionally leave certain things go stale though. Homemade croutons are the best.
  • #119 by 02ebz06 on 16 Jan 2021
  • Looks good. I freeze almost everything I make immediately after cooling if I'm not eating that day. Sometimes I intentionally leave certain things go stale though. Homemade croutons are the best.
    Thanks...
    We usually freeze a lot as well.  Not a lot of extra work to make more than you need immediately and freeze whats left,  only one prep/cleanup that way.

But since we were just experimenting with the bread recipe, they stayed out.

Bread Pudding (my favorite dessert) is also a good use stale bread.
  • #120 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Jan 2021
  • that sandwich looks great.  what method did you use to melt the cheese
Pages:
Actions