Pages:
Actions
  • #121 by 02ebz06 on 16 Jan 2021
  • that sandwich looks great.  what method did you use to melt the cheese

Thanks...
    Too cold outside or we would have used the griddle.
    Just put the meat in a 13" non-stick frying pan.
    Once meat was heated, put the cheese on and put the lid on to melt it.
  • #122 by Bentley on 16 Jan 2021
  • I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.  I have found with that last batch of 5 I froze, they were no where near as good when thawed and used in a sandwich. 

My next experiment will be to roll out to form length right after rise and then freeze, hoping that when thawed and proofed, it will be just like proofing and bake the day the dough is made.  Kristin buy theses little dough balls at Walmart, they are frozen and when thawed and left to rise, they turn out a great dinner roll!

Was good, but Homemade bread definitely should be eaten same day it is made.

I saw a video of Tony Luke jr. making a cheesesteak, he put the cheese directly on the cooking surface, then placed the meat on top of it, after about 45 seconds, scoop with spatula and onto the roll, my new go to technique!
  • #123 by Free Mr. Tony on 24 Jan 2021
  • Kind of a reuben, rachel, and just a sub melded together. Corned beef with swiss and provolone along with the rest of the items in the picture. This really hit the spot.

• #124 by Bentley on 24 Jan 2021
  • I do not think I have ever seen lettuce on a Ruben, cole sale on a Langer's #19 I believe it is, but no lettuce or tomato.  I embrace your boldness!
  • #125 by Free Mr. Tony on 24 Jan 2021
  • I do not think I have ever seen lettuce on a Ruben, cole sale on a Langer's #19 I believe it is, but no lettuce or tomato.  I embrace your boldness!

It is certainly a bastardized version of any particularly named sandwich. I'm telling you though, it's delicious. I've made similar sandwiches for years, and they are really good.
  • #126 by Bentley on 24 Jan 2021
  • Try Ken's Russian next time, it will take it over the top!
  • #127 by Free Mr. Tony on 24 Jan 2021
  • Try Ken's Russian next time, it will take it over the top!

I don't know that I've seen kens russian in stores around here. Do you know that it's widely available?  I guess I've always thought russian and thousand island were kind of synonymous. What's different?  I'll definitely keep and eye out for it.
  • #128 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Jan 2021
  • isn't russian a mix of french and thousand island
  • #129 by Bentley on 24 Jan 2021
  • It is here in Mayberry, figured it would be everywhere!  To me it is bolder then 1000 Island. Not sweet like French.  No relish, the closest thing I have ever seen to "Special Sauce".  I enjoy it on sandwiches and burgers!
  • #130 by Kristin Meredith on 25 Jan 2021
  • I looked on the back of Ken's Russian and it does say it has relish, but also red bell pepper, paprika, garlic and vinegar.
  • #131 by Bentley on 28 Jan 2021
  • I am more into the B, then the L & T!

• #132 by 02ebz06 on 28 Jan 2021
  • Looks great to me, my preference would B & T & G (Green Chili) though.
  • #133 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Jan 2021
  • great looking sandwich
  • #134 by hughver on 28 Jan 2021
  • For the last ten years or so, all of my BLTs are BLTAs.   :lick:
  • #135 by Bentley on 28 Jan 2021
  • Yeah, Kristin has 4 in a brown bag right now, now were ripe enough for the sandwich.  Do you like slices or a spread like me?
Pages:
Actions