Pages:
Actions
  • #196 by Ralphie on 17 Feb 2021
  • That is one heckuva lunch!
  • #197 by Bentley on 17 Feb 2021
  • Explain to someone who has never had a patty melt, what is it?  It looks like a cheeseburger on 2 pieces of toast?  Is that the difference between it and a cheeseburger?
  • #198 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Feb 2021
  • rye bread

or more like a grilled cheese sandwich with a hamburger in it
  • #199 by 02ebz06 on 17 Feb 2021
  • Explain to someone who has never had a patty melt, what is it?  It looks like a cheeseburger on 2 pieces of toast?  Is that the difference between it and a cheeseburger?

It's made with rye bread, hamburger patty, grilled onions, and cheese (usually Swiss).
    Cook the hamburger patty and the onions, and assemble.
    Butter outside of bread, place on griddle or in a frying pan to crisp up the bread, flip and do other side.

One of my favorite sandwiches.
  • #200 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Feb 2021
  • Or as it says in the wiki article that started this whole thread

Consists of a hamburger patty, pieces of sautéed or grilled onion, and Cheddar or Swiss cheese between two slices of bread.
  • #201 by Bentley on 17 Feb 2021
  • Forgot that is how the thread started.  Would you all consider eggs benedict a sandwich?
  • #202 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Feb 2021
  • Forgot that is how the thread started.  Would you all consider eggs benedict a sandwich?

If it is served inside of a muffin or toast, I would consider it a sandwich.

And, it is on the wiki list so it must be a sandwich if the internet says it is. ;D
  • #203 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Feb 2021
  • Dietz & Watson Rosemary Ham (apparently a seasonal item but the store couldn't tell me what time of year) with swiss cheese and jalapeno mustard on a Portuguese roll

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #204 by 02ebz06 on 18 Feb 2021
  • My kind of sandwich. Quick and easy to make.

We used to be able to get Portuguese Rolls at Costco, but haven't seen them in several years.
  • #205 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Feb 2021
  • I have not looked at in detail yet, but received an email from Camp Chef a few minutes ago with their recipe for making a Cuban pork sandwich.
  • #206 by Bentley on 24 Feb 2021
  • Forgot to say thanks you two for the Patty Melt info...

• #207 by pmillen on 24 Feb 2021
  • I think you need to put cheese in there and grill it like a grilled cheese to make it a patty melt, Bently.
  • #208 by 02ebz06 on 24 Feb 2021
  • Nice sandwich!  How did you like the bread ?
  • #209 by Bentley on 24 Feb 2021
  • You will never catch me eating just a hamburger, has to be cheeseburger, yet chees on a meatloaf sandwich would seem sacrilegious to me!

I think you need to put cheese in there and grill it like a grilled cheese to make it a patty melt....

It is C+.  It is do able, but it is no super market white bread...and it is never going to be confused with Wonder Bread!

How did you like the bread ?
  • #210 by 02ebz06 on 24 Feb 2021
  • Yeah, I have no idea how they get it so soft.
Pages:
Actions