Pages:
Actions
  • #256 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Apr 2021
  • Wawa is much more than a gas station.  They are like a 7-11 with a kitchen.  They have a pretty extensive menu now that is made to order from a self order kiosk.

And during the Summer, they sell those subs for $5 for a few weeks.  They have had huge TV ad campaigns for their food lately too.
  • #257 by Bentley on 08 Apr 2021
  • #258 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Apr 2021
  • That looks like what might be a Primanti Brothers breakfast sandwich.  I don't know if they even make one, but if they did I would think it would look similar to that.
  • #259 by Free Mr. Tony on 08 Apr 2021
  • Looks like the best gas station sub I've ever seen.
    I used to love Blimpie subs when I was younger and one of the reasons was the fresh sliced lunch meat, like Jersey Mikes. I moved from one part of Ohio to the general area I live now and was excited that one of the gas stations had a Blimpie in it. I would have preferred stand alone, but thought a Blimpie is a Blimpie, well I was wrong. I went in and ordered a sub and they did not fresh slice, the pulled meats from little tubs and the produce looked rather sad too. I drove home and unwrapped it and really looked at it and all the lunchmeat was kind of grayish. While unappetizing I thought I would try it, not sure I have ever gotten that sick before or after eating that sub. The Wawa sub, does look good but man I would be about as nervous getting a gas station sub as I would be getting gas station sushi.

There used to be a blimpie across from my old office about 20 years ago. I really liked it too. Same issue as jersey mike's though. If there are more than one or two people in front of you, it takes forever because of all the slicing. Online ordering has sort of helped but many times I just stop on a whim.
  • #260 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 May 2021
  • Today is National Hoagie Day so be sure to go get one for dinner tonight.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #261 by Bentley on 06 May 2021
  • Saw it to late, will have to celebrate tomorrow!
  • #262 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 May 2021
  • Chicken cordon bleu sandwich

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #263 by okie smokie on 12 May 2021
  • Looks great. do you have some sauce to lubricate it with?
  • #264 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 May 2021
  • Looks great. do you have some sauce to lubricate it with?

Dijon Mustard
  • #265 by Free Mr. Tony on 12 May 2021
  • I believe Arby's had a chicken cordon blue I used to get quite a bit about 20 years ago. No clue if they still have it but remember liking it alot back then.
  • #266 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 May 2021
  • I believe Arby's had a chicken cordon blue I used to get quite a bit about 20 years ago. No clue if they still have it but remember liking it alot back then.

Me too.  That is what gave me the idea and the fact that I had some ham and swiss in the fridge I needed to use while eating some chicken breast cutlets.

I am not sure if they still have that sandwich or not.  I know it has been quite some time since I had one there.
  • #267 by Bentley on 12 May 2021
  • Did you ever have the Malibu Chicken at Sizzler when you were on the West Coast?
  • #268 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 May 2021
  • Did you ever have the Malibu Chicken at Sizzler when you were on the West Coast?

I lived about 10 miles inland in Otay Lakes area in east Chula Vista.  We didn't have many places to eat out that way 20+ years ago.  So, no, I never had the Malibu Chicken at Sizzler.  I have heard of malibu chicken though.  I used to have that sandwich at an italian beef place near where I worked in the SW Chicago suburbs.
  • #269 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 May 2021
  • Sliced prime rib with sauteed mushrooms, onions, and peppers with swiss cheese and horseradish on an Amoroso bun

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #270 by 02ebz06 on 16 May 2021
  • Last night was our first poker game for 2021.  Everyone is vaccinated.
    Friday night I put a pork butt on the Memphis at 9:30pm, wrapped it in butcher paper at 5:30am Saturday, pulled with IT of 201f at 3:30pm, FTC until 6:00pm.
    Still hot and plenty moist then.
    Was done at 225f for entire time.
    Too busy to take pictures at feeding frenzy time, so just a shot of the leftovers for lunch today.
    Pulled pork sammie with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, homemade slaw, and homemade bun.
    And some homemade Mac & Cheese.

Pages:
Actions