Pages:
Actions
  • #526 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Oct 2022
  • Look tempting, but I don't think I would put mustard on a dog with chili on it.

I ordered them based on their standard for how they make them.  Two places are right next door to each other in downtown Detroit.  I think they were $3.75 at both places.
  • #527 by yorkdude on 26 Oct 2022
  • The American coney is exactly how Gwennie eats them and always has. Not exactly my 1st. pick but they are pretty dang good. I usually skip the mustard but always fetch a few bites of hers.
    To clarify, salad mustard only.
  • #528 by Bentley on 26 Oct 2022
  • I am not a big mustard fan, but that is the classic Coney! They look just how I picture them! I wish I could have gotten there!  Any discernible taste difference between the 2 in dog, chili or the whole package?
  • #529 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Oct 2022
  • I am not a big mustard fan, but that is the classic Coney! They look just how I picture them! I wish I could have gotten there!  Any discernible taste difference between the 2 in dog, chili or the whole package?

Both had steamed buns so you would be happy about that.  No discernable difference in the toppings.  The American had a more charred dog than the Lafayette, but it seemed a little thinner dog.  I think I liked the Lafayette better, but would eat both again.
  • #530 by Bentley on 26 Oct 2022
  • Steamed bun, they know what they are doing!
  • #531 by okie smokie on 26 Oct 2022
  • Those Coney's looked so good that we had the carnivore version tonight. We used grilled mild Vienna Sausages, with Chili, onions, cheddar cheese, and sweet pickle relish and NO buns. They were great but not as good as Nathan's and buns I am sure. 
  • #532 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 Nov 2022
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

Ham and cheese patty from local butcher shop topped with a smoked sausage on a pretzel bun
  • #533 by 02ebz06 on 12 Nov 2022
  • That's quite a sandwich.
  • #534 by Bentley on 17 Nov 2022
  • Not a mustard fan, but you gotta respect tradition.  The chili is way off, but my version of a Coney!

• #535 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Nov 2022
  • looks good.  I would eat that plate
  • #536 by 02ebz06 on 18 Nov 2022
  • These days I can only eat half of that plate.
    I would gain a pound if I ate all that. Sad, but true.
  • #537 by okie smokie on 18 Nov 2022
  • Benley--Is that Velvita liquid cheese?
  • #538 by Bentley on 18 Nov 2022
  • It is French's mustard.
  • #539 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Jan 2023
  • Polish Power cheeseburger from Round Guys Brewing in Lansdale, PA - burger, kielbasa, kraut, mustard, Cooper sharp

• #540 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Jan 2023
  • Housemade hoagie - bottom to top - Lusitania hoagie roll, provolone, soppressata italiana salami, salame toscano, salame calabrese, peppered ham, hot capicola, smoked ham

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages:
Actions