Pages:
Actions
  • #541 by okie smokie on 02 Jan 2023
  • Not a mustard fan, but you gotta respect tradition.  The chili is way off, but my version of a Coney!

Where's the pickle relish?
  • #542 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Jan 2023
  • you don't put pickle relish on a coney dog
  • #543 by 02ebz06 on 02 Jan 2023
  • I'm from the camp that says make it the way "you" like it.
    We all have different tastes.

I put beans in my Chili.  Many Texans aren't too fond of that, they call it soup.
  • #544 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Jan 2023
  • Sure you can make it how you like it but don't call it a coney if you put relish on it
  • #545 by okie smokie on 03 Jan 2023
  • I have to admit that I like the relish on a plain dog with mustard and onions. Agree the Coney is better without the relish. Gonna have them today I hope. There is a well known place (x2) in Tulsa, called the "Coney Islander" and it makes small original style Coney. With poor quality small dog, and blah chili. Lotsa people love them here, but I get heartburn just thinking of their product. Better to make at home with your favorite dog.  Do you grill your dog or boil it?
  • #546 by Bentley on 03 Jan 2023
  • When I really want the flavor, I will do mine on the griddle, but I rarely have the patience for that and end up boiling them.
  • #547 by yorkdude on 03 Jan 2023
  • We started doing beef hotdogs (only eat beef) in the air fryer. She very gently scores them and honestly they are pretty dang good that way.
  • #548 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Jan 2023
  • The simple grilled cheese - Amoroso rustic italian bread, Cooper pepper, jalapeno & cayenne cheddar, jalapeno muenster, horseradish cheddar.. Delicious!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #549 by 02ebz06 on 29 Jan 2023
  • Made Cuban Sandwiches yesterday.
    Marinated the pork for 2 days.  Forgot to take picture after it came out of the smoker (11 hours in smoker).

• #550 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Jan 2023
  • Looks great.  What did you use to get the grill marks on the bread?
  • #551 by 02ebz06 on 29 Jan 2023
  • Panini Press.
    Authentic Cuban Sandwiches are pressed with flat plates.
    Pretty sure it doesn't affect the taste, so I use this,  Haha
  • #552 by Bentley on 29 Jan 2023
  • Cant imagine it would make a bit of difference!  Bet it works great!
  • #553 by 02ebz06 on 30 Jan 2023
  • First one I had, was a cheap $45 one, and it was cheap in all aspects.  Only used it once.
    So I invested in this Avantco and am very happy with it.
  • #554 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2023
  • Bru Daddy's - Allentown, PA - Cuban sandwich with fresh onions rings

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #555 by 02ebz06 on 08 Feb 2023
  • Looks awesome.  I could only eat half of that anymore.  In my younger days I would have devoured it.
Pages:
Actions