Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by Bentley on 09 Aug 2020
  • The only Mortadella I can find is Bologna with the fat chunks, which I still like, just not gonna pay $7/lb for basically a $3 Bologna.  If I could find the real stuff I would buy it!

• #62 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Aug 2020
  • That top pic is the stuff I find in some hoagies around here.  Yeah, I was not a fan of the bologna taste with the rest of the meats.
  • #63 by Free Mr. Tony on 09 Aug 2020
  • Definitely a bologna vibe, but the pistachio and peppercorns add just enough to make me love it. I don't use a ton of it but one slice on an Italian makes it special for me.
  • #64 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Aug 2020
  • I bought some Boar's Head Chipotle Chicken yesterday.  Threw it in a pan with some onions and then melted some provolone on top to make a chipotle chicken cheesesteak.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #65 by pmillen on 09 Aug 2020
  • I've been left miles behind.  IDK how to catch up.  The sandwich photographs leave me thinking that I am underexposed to good food and/or live in the wrong part of the USA.
  • #66 by Bentley on 09 Aug 2020
  • What are some of the sandwiches you enjoy?
  • #67 by pmillen on 09 Aug 2020
  • What are some of the sandwiches you enjoy?

That cuts right to the heart of my situation.  I don't really know how to answer.  I like leftover roast beef with spicy mustard and raw onion, commercial Philly beef, tuna salad, chicken salad...  None are like what you are posting.
  • #68 by dk117 on 22 Aug 2020
  • Buttered and toasted ciabatta bread.   Costco fillet mignon with Montreal seasoning.   Reverse sear pellet then gasser.   Garden cucumber salad, onion, vinegar, sour cream, dill, salt.    Made a nice little sandwich with what we had around tonight.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #69 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Oct 2020
  • Made a Cubano for dinner tonight on a Lusitania hoagie roll here are the ingredients from top to bottom.  Not a pretty looking sandwich as the meat slid while I had the press on top in the frying pan.  It was very tasty though.

Top of roll
    Sweet hot mustard homemade by a friend of mine
    Hot pepper cheese slices
    Famous Dave's pickles
    smoked pulled pork
    sliced smoked pork loin
    sliced smoked ham lunch meat
    Hot pepper cheese slices
    Bottom of roll

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #70 by Bentley on 31 Oct 2020
  • The smoked pulled pork is not OEM?
  • #71 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Nov 2020
  • In honor of national sandwich day, I attempted to pretty up my Cubano versus my last effort.  I also used some pickles my buddy made with the rub my brother uses for his BBQ business.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #72 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Dec 2020
  • One a semi snowy day here in Eastern PA, I pulled out some pulled beef from the freezer and topped with horseradish and jalapeno pepper jack cheese on an Amoroso roll.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #73 by Bentley on 09 Dec 2020
  • Bought Lamb Shoulder & Brisket today at Costco.  Will grind up for gyro meat and also make some Greek Flatbread tomorrow for some homemade Gyro's!
  • #74 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Dec 2020
  • I feel like Bentley and I are the only one's on here who eat sandwiches.

I didn't get to try it or see a menu yet, but when I was in TN I saw a place named Which Wich.  I thought it was a pretty neat name for a sandwich shop.
  • #75 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Dec 2020
  • Ha.  I just looked on their website and they have a place in an Exxon gas station less than 10 miles from my house.
Pages:
Actions