Pages:
Actions
  • #646 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Aug 2023
  • I do not like fish.  My wife had fish and chips once or twice.  I don't think she was super impressed.  But, she grew up eating fried catfish.
  • #647 by BigDave83 on 04 Aug 2023
  •  Cooked for myself to night, decided to make portabella burgers, had some nice caps in the fridge, a little olive oil salt and pepper and on the gas grill.
    Have not had one in a long time, used to get them at a little trailer thing outside of Lowes, Dominics of New York was the name, they made some good sandwiches.
  • #648 by Bentley on 19 Aug 2023
  • A JalapeƱo/Cheese roll.  Super Sioux variety.

• #649 by Bentley on 19 Aug 2023
  • Note to self.  BLT's do not belong on Sub rolls!
  • #650 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Aug 2023

It looked great.  Where did you get the rolls?
  • #651 by Bentley on 19 Aug 2023
  • Kristin helps at a local church that provides meals to the community 3 times a week.  They get massive donations of bread, they can't use it all before it goes stale, so Kristin brought some home.
  • #652 by BigDave83 on 19 Aug 2023
  • I like it, why don't  BLTs go on sub rolls. Other than they won't fit in the toaster.

There is a store that makes jalapeno cheese bread, they must only make two loaves a day. I usually get there and the spot is empty.

I like to add a slice of american cheese and some onion to my BLT.
  • #653 by Kristin Meredith on 20 Aug 2023

It looked great.  Where did you get the rolls?

I think it was part of the donation from Weiss.  Our grocery stores and Panera are so generous, but there is always a lot of bread and bagels left over, even after 150-175 people come through and take what they want.  And a shout to Chick-Fil-A which, every month, provides 150 fresh cooked chicken sandwiches to hand out for part of the meal that day.
  • #654 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Aug 2023
  • I don't think I have seen jalapeno and cheddar rolls at Weis near me.  Maybe I need to pay closer attention to their bakeries in the stores near me.  Thanks for the tip and your continued contributions to help others.
  • #655 by Bentley on 20 Aug 2023
  • To me, this particular sub roll had to much bread for a BLT!  Maybe because it was aging out!
  • #656 by MysticRhythms on 20 Aug 2023
  • Too much bread, or not enough bacon?
  • #657 by Bentley on 20 Aug 2023
  • It was 9 slices, but I could eat a pound of bacon on a sandwich and not think it is excessive.  What does a pound of bacon cook to 4-5oz?  I would think nothing of a 4oz burger!
  • #658 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Aug 2023
  • Ham and cheese club sandwich with only 3 slices of bacon

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #659 by okie smokie on 26 Aug 2023
  • No pic this time, but I made a pleasant discovery tonight. Pulled pork with a favorite sauce, and a piece of American cheese melted on top. I was dubious but the cheese really added a great taste to it. Will make that a regular!!
  • #660 by BigDave83 on 26 Aug 2023
  • No pic this time, but I made a pleasant discovery tonight. Pulled pork with a favorite sauce, and a piece of American cheese melted on top. I was dubious but the cheese really added a great taste to it. Will make that a regular!!

Sounds good, I will take PP and brown in a skillet then on a tortilla with a slice of cheese, pickles and some mustard. Onions also if I have any chopped.

Cheese goes well with PP.
Pages:
Actions