Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: List of Sandwiches - The Sandwich Pic Thread?  (Read 73925 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: List of Sandwiches - The Sandwich Pic Thread?
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2020, 11:18:15 AM »

You all are nice, but you bite into that bread and you would change your mind.  Kristin bought some store flatbread, so we should be good to go for Gyro's tomorrow night.  Maybe then I can get into the A- range!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2020, 09:06:23 PM »

I would be proud to serve any of you this sandwich!  Now granted, it was store bought flatbread, but the meat & sauce was very good!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2020, 11:17:09 AM »

Two please...
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2021, 05:50:16 PM »

My jersey mike's knockoff on homemade hoagie rolls. Mike's way plus mayo, pickle and banana pepper. A close approximation of a #13. It was fairly close to the real thing.

Jersey mike's cross section.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2021, 07:12:16 PM »

that is beautiful
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2021, 10:54:06 AM »

Good looking rolls,and sandwich!!!.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2021, 04:31:27 PM »

FMT, the rolls! The sandwich is also right up my alley, the Spiced Rum kinda caught my attention.
I figured you for a good whiskey, scotch kind of guy.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2021, 07:47:21 PM »

FMT, the rolls! The sandwich is also right up my alley, the Spiced Rum kinda caught my attention.
I figured you for a good whiskey, scotch kind of guy.

I like pretty much any good cocktail. Not much for beer. I went through a craft cocktail stage and made some good stuff, but typically just resort back to captain/diet/lime. 

My brother in law and I have been known to get after the high end stuff here and there though.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2021, 10:46:20 AM »

FMT, I like that tray.  It would be good for Cuban rolls as well as Hoagie rolls.
I have a couple metal Baguette trays I've used, but I think your tray would be better.
Thanks for posting.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2021, 07:39:43 PM »

FMT, I like that tray.  It would be good for Cuban rolls as well as Hoagie rolls.
I have a couple metal Baguette trays I've used, but I think your tray would be better.
Thanks for posting.

Some of the best sandwich bread I've ever had was from a tiny cuban shop that has since closed. I was friendly with the owner and bought my slicer off of him. I always wanted to ask for his bread recipe but never did. I know he said it was alot of labor and alot of spraying with water.

Edit:
A couple pics from their Yelp page.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 07:44:09 PM by Free Mr. Tony »

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2021, 08:30:20 PM »

I have a problem with most sandwiches: Too much bread to meat ratio. Obvious solution: put more meat on the sandwich.  However, my problem is really that I have been moderately overweight for some time now, and have finally been slowly losing it by eating a modified paleo type diet. Lots of protein, (mostly meat) and above ground veggies, as well and reducing my total calories as well. So far I have 14 lbs off in the past 3 months.When I eat bread I usually eat Sara Lee reduced cal wheat bread (45 cal/slice).When I see these great sammies everyone is making, my mouth waters at the same time my alarms go off. So I have been making my sandwiches with this low carb bread.  Anyone tried it?  I love bread but have been cutting the intake down. Hate to bail out now.
Did I say that I also love pie, cake, pastries of all kinds, candy, but have gone thru the sx of withdrawal from them, (with occ. slips)?
Problem with this bread, is that big juicy sandwiches, often turn the bread to mush before I can consume it. Another solution might be the Orowheat thins at 150 cal. per complete bun.  Not bad compared to some of the big loaves I have seen made into sandwiches here. Suggestion?: (I know, "don't read this thread") :2cents: ???

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2021, 08:42:03 PM »

I have a problem with most sandwiches: Too much bread to meat ratio. Obvious solution: put more meat on the sandwich.  However, my problem is really that I have been moderately overweight for some time now, and have finally been slowly losing it by eating a modified paleo type diet. Lots of protein, (mostly meat) and above ground veggies, as well and reducing my total calories as well. So far I have 14 lbs off in the past 3 months.When I eat bread I usually eat Sara Lee reduced cal wheat bread (45 cal/slice).When I see these great sammies everyone is making, my mouth waters at the same time my alarms go off. So I have been making my sandwiches with this low carb bread.  Anyone tried it?  I love bread but have been cutting the intake down. Hate to bail out now.
Did I say that I also love pie, cake, pastries of all kinds, candy, but have gone thru the sx of withdrawal from them, (with occ. slips)?
Problem with this bread, is that big juicy sandwiches, often turn the bread to mush before I can consume it. Another solution might be the Orowheat thins at 150 cal. per complete bun.  Not bad compared to some of the big loaves I have seen made into sandwiches here. Suggestion?: (I know, "don't read this thread") :2cents: ???

I've always kind of adhered to the "put the fork down" diet. All in all it has worked pretty well over the years. I was a chubby (ok fat) kid, and was pretty big until my sophomore year in high school. Lost 50 lbs. Kept it off for several years. Eventually gained it back in my mid 20's. Lost 50 lbs again, and have mostly kept it off now into my early 40's. I've had slight fluctuations, but mostly stay in a decent range. Been 5'9" 168ish for a few years now.

I eat whatever I want on the weekends, but in pretty small portions. I go nearly vegetarian through the week, which I don't mind at all.

Funny thing with all this baking is that I don't really eat much of it. A nibble here and there just to test quality, and maybe a sandwich out of the hoagie rolls. My kids eat alot, I freeze a ton, and give away most. I enjoy getting better at it without actually consuming it. Kind of strange I know.

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2021, 10:42:03 PM »

I've always kind of adhered to the "put the fork down" diet. All in all it has worked pretty well over the years. I was a chubby (ok fat) kid, and was pretty big until my sophomore year in high school. Lost 50 lbs. Kept it off for several years. Eventually gained it back in my mid 20's. Lost 50 lbs again, and have mostly kept it off now into my early 40's. I've had slight fluctuations, but mostly stay in a decent range. Been 5'9" 168ish for a few years now.

I eat whatever I want on the weekends, but in pretty small portions. I go nearly vegetarian through the week, which I don't mind at all.

Funny thing with all this baking is that I don't really eat much of it. A nibble here and there just to test quality, and maybe a sandwich out of the hoagie rolls. My kids eat alot, I freeze a ton, and give away most. I enjoy getting better at it without actually consuming it. Kind of strange I know.
That is a pretty good way to go. I've always admired your comments and cooking experience but wondered how you (and several others on PF) survived all that good stuff you cook. I would like to do more briskets, roasts, pork shoulders etc, but my wife is not a big meat eater, and while I am all for it, I have limits as to how much protein I can take in due to health, and a borderline diabetic. So my big cooks are fewer these days. Just two of us to feed is also a limiting factor.
Perhaps I might follow your pattern, as I have kids and grandkids in moderate numbers and nearby, and just enjoy the cooking. I can easily share the results with them and still get to sample it all. Both of my kids have pellet grills and keep them busy as well. Great motto: Cook more, eat less, stay fit!  Thanks for the input.  :clap:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 10:56:08 PM by okie smokie »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45   Go Up