Pages:
Actions
  • #151 by Free Mr. Tony on 31 Jan 2021
  • Looks pretty tasty to me.
  • #152 by Bentley on 31 Jan 2021
  • I should have figured they would have one for that specific sandwich!  I am down with the Lewbano, great name!  Captain Lou, way back in the WWF!

The bread was made using the king arthur recipe. 

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/cuban-sandwich-recipe
  • #153 by Bentley on 03 Feb 2021
  • Simply put it is not a sandwich that does anything for me!  I think most sandwich people would enjoy it.  Homemade meatballs, made with homemade sausage and home ground beef, w/homemade tomato sauce.  Provolone instead of mozzarella.  Just not my kind of sandwich!  Will probably make one again in a year or so.

• #154 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Feb 2021
  • I am planning to make one of those in the next few days after my wife make's the meatballs.  I have the provolone and some 12 inch rolls.  I may sneak some hot peppers under the cheese or some hot pepper relish.
  • #155 by Bentley on 03 Feb 2021
  • I had about 1/3 cup of some pickled chili's and jalapeños that I hit with the stick blender and incorporated them into the meatballs.
  • #156 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Feb 2021
  • so what is it about the sandwich that you don't like
  • #157 by Free Mr. Tony on 04 Feb 2021
  • Other than the mess factor, I think a meatball sub is in my top 5 overall sandwiches. For me, it's one of the very few sandwiches that I would classify as comfort food.

I love red sauce pretty much anytime I can get it though. I make 2 or 3 gallon batches often.
  • #158 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Feb 2021
  • Other than the mess factor, I think a meatball sub is in my top 5 overall sandwiches. For me, it's one of the very few sandwiches that I would classify as comfort food.

I love red sauce pretty much anytime I can get it though. I make 2 or 3 gallon batches often.

It would be nice for you to share how you make the red sauce in another thread if it is not a family secret.
  • #159 by okie smokie on 04 Feb 2021

Only thing I used to buy at Subway. I like gooey sandwiches. I thought their meatball sammy was good. (back before I did much home smoking and grilling)
  • #160 by Bentley on 04 Feb 2021
  • Nothing specific, it is just not a favorite.  Not to toot my horn, I think if someone really liked a meatball sandwich, they would really enjoys this.  To be honest, I would prefer a good egg salad or tuna fish salad sandwich over it!

so what is it about the sandwich that you don't like
  • #161 by Free Mr. Tony on 04 Feb 2021

It would be nice for you to share how you make the red sauce in another thread if it is not a family secret.

Will do. Just tinkered with it over the years. No secrets. Just a bunch of garlic, dried herbs, and touch of red pepper flakes. At the end after the heat is off I throw in a bunch of good fine grated parmesan and fresh basil.

I guess I kind of just gave you the end of the movie, but I'll do something more in depth at some point.
  • #162 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Feb 2021
  • Half of an Italian Sub weighed in at 1#

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #163 by 02ebz06 on 05 Feb 2021
  • Nice lookin' sammie.  :clap:
  • #164 by Bentley on 05 Feb 2021
  • CB w/Russian Dressing Slaw!  I gotta go find some rye flour and caraway seeds!

• #165 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages:
Actions