Pages:
Actions
  • #166 by 02ebz06 on 07 Feb 2021
  • Looks delish Lew!!! 
  • #167 by Bentley on 07 Feb 2021
  • Did you make them?  Are those local cheese steaks?  Is cheesesteak one word?
  • #168 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2021
  • I made them with some shaved beef I bought at Weis.  Sauteed some onions, red bell peppers, and mushrooms.  Thru in toaster oven to melt the provolone.
  • #169 by Free Mr. Tony on 07 Feb 2021
  • Lew, that hoagie looks very jersey mike's like. Awesome looking sandwich.

Bentley, just made some rye bread a couple weekends ago. You know what's sneaky good on rye?  Chicken salad. Something about it just always works for me.
  • #170 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2021
  • Thanks, FMT.  The second half tasted better the next day after I had it wrapped in foil in the fridge overnight.  The juices from the dressing, peppers, meat, etc. just melded better together throughout the sandwich.  It tasted closer to Jersey Mike's on day two than it did the day I made it.
  • #171 by yorkdude on 07 Feb 2021
  • Cheesesteak sandwich is right at the top of the sandwich list.
    That is a very good looking sandwich.
  • #172 by Free Mr. Tony on 07 Feb 2021
  • Fresh ground chuck roast, homemade buns, and alot of smoke in the house.

• #173 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2021
  • beautiful looking burger.   i would eat a few of those
  • #174 by 02ebz06 on 07 Feb 2021
  • Nice looking burger Tony!!!

Still working on the Cuban Bread.
    Think I will have what I want if I start baking them on the grill.
    Not 100% authentic.  Didn't have the marinated pork. Used some sliced pork loin instead.
    Still tastes pretty darn good.

• #175 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2021
  • another fine looking sandwich
  • #176 by yorkdude on 07 Feb 2021
  • Holy smokes, you can gain a few pounds just looking at the sandwiches.
  • #177 by 02ebz06 on 12 Feb 2021
  • Ham and Swiss on the Bollio I made today.
    EDIT: not the best picture, should have turned light on. Too late now, half eaten,
  • #178 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 Feb 2021
  • Looks good from several thousand miles away on the east coast.  Those rolls are some of my favorite breads I've ever eaten when I used to buy them in Tecate, Mexico.  One of these days, I may venture into bread making.  I'm hoping you finalize your recipe and methods before then so you can share with me.  I think the bolillos are even better then east coast hoagie rolls.
  • #179 by 02ebz06 on 13 Feb 2021
  • Looks good from several thousand miles away on the east coast.  Those rolls are some of my favorite breads I've ever eaten when I used to buy them in Tecate, Mexico.  One of these days, I may venture into bread making.  I'm hoping you finalize your recipe and methods before then so you can share with me.  I think the bolillos are even better then east coast hoagie rolls.

Will do.  Definitely need to make a few more times to fine tune process.
  • #180 by Bentley on 13 Feb 2021
  • This roll is basically a sour dough hoagie?
Pages:
Actions