Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Jul 2020
  • "I learned, later in life, that most employers would sell my kidneys if they could."

Oh, I didn't know that you worked for my law firm! :pig:
  • #17 by Free Mr. Tony on 26 Jul 2020
  • I played for him and have respect for him, but we actually didn't get along all that well.

Interesting thought.  The coach that I got along with the most used to put his arm across my shoulders and tell me, in effect, that I was his fair-haired boy.  He couldn't remember my name when I ran out of eligibility.  And that's Division One sports in a nutshell.  A good lesson for a 21-year old.

I learned, later in life, that most employers would sell my kidneys if they could.

Where did you play?
  • #18 by Free Mr. Tony on 26 Jul 2020
  • I made the sandwich for lunch today.  Just like I remembered.  In hindsight, a softer roll would have made more sense and is probably what they served theirs on. Either way though, the flavors that took me back were there.  The sweet mayo balances out the richness of the sausage nicely.

Cold finished sausage

• #19 by Bentley on 26 Jul 2020
  • So was it always served on a "sandwich" roll, like a sandwich?  I assumed when you said split, you meant slit down the middle so you could put the fixins in the split.  It appears the link is used almost like it is a deli meat. Hog sandwich is quite a fitting name. 

Man I would love to try one of those links.
  • #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jul 2020
  • Those look great.  Thanks for sharing.
  • #21 by yorkdude on 27 Jul 2020
  • Man that sausage is outstanding looking.
  • #22 by Ralphie on 27 Jul 2020
  • Well done!  Can’t beat a good sausage sandwich.
Pages:
Actions