Recipe Section > Beef

Smoke-Baked Salisbury Steak

(1/5) > >>

pmillen:
Bar-B-Lew's post here inspired me to make momma's Salisbury steak recipe.  This is a pretty straightforward recipe.  I'm sure that your favorite one will be just fine baked in your smoker.

I use my BBQs and smokers like an oven during the hot part of the summer.  Not using the kitchen range oven keeps the kitchen cooler and adds a welcome smoke flavor if I want it.

Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed golden mushroom or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 cup quick-cooking oats
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup each chopped green pepper, celery and onion
½ teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
¾ cup water
¼ teaspoon pepper

Directions

* Preheat your pit to 350°F.
* In a large bowl, combine the oats, eggs, green pepper, celery, onion, salt and garlic.
* Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well.
* Shape into six or eight rectangular patties.  (Use the baking dish upside down on the hamburger spread out on a cutting board as the pattern and then slice the whole into patties.)
* Brown the patties on both sides in a skillet.
* Place patties in an ungreased 13-in. × 9-in. baking dish.
* Combine the soup, water and pepper; pour it over the beef.
* Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.

Browned and in the baking dish.

Out of the smoker and in the center of the dinner table.

Dinner is served.

EDIT:  Removed extraneous characters generated by system update.

Bentley:
With the name of the dish this is going to sound silly, but a true Americana dish for me!  It looks great!

Bar-B-Lew:
Nice stuff.  Did the pellet grill add any distinguishing smoke flavor?

pmillen:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on July 26, 2020, 09:08:51 PM ---Did the pellet grill add any distinguishing smoke flavor?

--- End quote ---

Mild.  I should have cranked up the smoke.  I wanted more.  Marcia & kids said that could notice it, but they're kind to me.

I might not notice it as much as them because I'm in the smoke, but it was so hot on the patio that I was hardly near it when it was cooking.  (Hooray for remote monitoring!)

Buy a remote reading pit thermometer.

yorkdude:
That really looks good. We have to give it a go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View