Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raichlen's Pellet Cookbook  (Read 344 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Raichlen's Pellet Cookbook
« on: July 29, 2020, 12:26:49 AM »

The most recent Barbecue Bible email had a link to a story on Smoke-Braising.  Basically, what some on here have been doing with chuck roasts for years.  After reading it, I noticed a link for a new cookbook that Raichlen has out that is focused on pellet grill cooking.  Pellets have surely hit the mainstream now.  Let's see if he ends up with a TV series solely cooking on pellet grills.

Well, after further review, I have mispoke.  He only wrote the forward to the book.  I am surprised he had something on his site he didn't have his name on as the author.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 12:29:53 AM by Bar-B-Lew »
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Re: Raichlen's Pellet Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 04:59:05 PM »

The most recent Barbecue Bible email had a link to a story on Smoke-Braising.  Basically, what some on here have been doing with chuck roasts for years.  After reading it, I noticed a link for a new cookbook that Raichlen has out that is focused on pellet grill cooking.  Pellets have surely hit the mainstream now.  Let's see if he ends up with a TV series solely cooking on pellet grills.

Well, after further review, I have mispoke.  He only wrote the forward to the book.  I am surprised he had something on his site he didn't have his name on as the author.

There kinda, sorta, is a show on Pellet Cooking.
Traeger has a late night infomercial show and do a lot of cooking on it.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

lil moose

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: Raichlen's Pellet Cookbook
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 01:25:01 PM »

Would be good to have a another pellet grill cookbook BUT I'm still in disbelief that he tells folks to soak wood before using it to smoke with  :puke:

Does he not understand what smoke is vs steam?       

I would think he would be willing to teach how to use a smoker box or how to control the air flow so the wood will burn clean not use water to steam off before the wood can impart any flavor into the food

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 01:38:38 PM by lil moose »
Pages: [1]   Go Up