Here's How I.... > Cook Beef

Make a Cheese Steak!

(1/3) > >>

Bentley:
I take a White Onion, (your favorite will do) and slice it on #7 setting of the Slicer.  I then saute that on a medium heat till caramelized, chopping with spatula as I saute. When the onions are 3/4 done,  I take the thin sliced beef (again your choice) from Restaurant Depot and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes, again, chopping with spatula as it cooks.  When the meat is close to done and is chopped to the consistency I like I add my spices. For 9 oz of raw beef I use:

1/2 tbsp Lawery's Seasoning Salt
1/4 tbsp Onion powder
1/4 tbsp garlic powder
1/4 tbsp ground black pepper.

Right after working in the seasoning I apply Provolone put on bun, cover wit onions and eat! 

Bentley:
I have had Pat's, Geno's and Jim's in Philly.  I will put that sandwich up against any of those and win in a landslid!

Osborn Cox:
Looks great!   I haven’t made those in a while, I like To add shredded lettuce, Sliced pepperoncini’s and drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar.    Mmmm

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: Osborn Cox on July 29, 2020, 07:37:09 PM ---Looks great!   I haven’t made those in a while, I like To add shredded lettuce, Sliced pepperoncini’s and drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar.    Mmmm

--- End quote ---

I have heard that w/ tomatoes and raw sliced onions referred to as a California cheese steak

Bentley:
I would not be in the lettuce or pepperoncini’s camp on a cheese steak (be good on a sub), but the olive oil and red wine vinegar would probably enhance it.  It it kind of a dry sandwich with no real condiments, nothing like the Italian Beef, which I cant wait for!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View