Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: The Potato Chip Thread  (Read 8342 times)

heffneil

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: The Potato Chip Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2021, 03:06:32 PM »

Being from the mid Atlantic I am a big fan of Utz specifically the crab chips! Fortunately, they seem to be stretching their footprint to go further south now!. 

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2021, 05:43:03 PM »

To the person that mentioned the Fire Roasted Salsa with Hatch Chilis at Sam's, thanks!  With a wee bit of doctoring I like it.   :clap:

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »

You're welcome.  What did you add to the salsa?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Darwin

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2021, 06:25:58 PM »

You're welcome.  What did you add to the salsa?
I thought it was you, but I couldn't find the original post.  I added a bit of salt, cilantro and lime juice. I was making guacamole and chicken quesadillas and tacos.  Everything was at hand or on the cutting board so it was all about taste and adjust.

Thanks again.

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2022, 08:01:38 AM »

Found these over the weekend at Dollar General.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2022, 10:03:32 AM »

How hot are they?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2022, 01:35:29 PM »

Not overly. They have some heat but not to the point of I need a glass of milk quick.

If you have had Red Hot chips they are on the same level maybe a bit hotter.

Zombini

• Using less gas.
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2022, 08:22:26 AM »

The one thing that we havent lost in our small area of the world is Sterzing's Potato chips. These potatoes chips and maybe a little beer are probably the number one reason I have the full figured physique that I have. Once only available in a 25 mile radius which luckily I grew up in. I worked in a chemical plant outside of  this radius and the number one thing my coworkers requested from me was to bring in some Sterzing potato chips.
z
Zombini

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2022, 09:24:07 AM »

The one thing that we havent lost in our small area of the world is Sterzing's Potato chips. These potatoes chips and maybe a little beer are probably the number one reason I have the full figured physique that I have. Once only available in a 25 mile radius which luckily I grew up in. I worked in a chemical plant outside of  this radius and the number one thing my coworkers requested from me was to bring in some Sterzing potato chips.
z

What makes them so special? I know there are chips I like as far as flavor. I love regular Wise chips, A local chip Gibbles, uses lard to fry  them in, nice flavor and crunch.

We have another company that sells no salt chips, Herrs, I really like them. I am usually a regular chip guy.

Brushpopper

• "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2022, 09:39:33 AM »

H-E-B sells a no salt tortilla chip that I eat with everything.  Now I am overwhelmed when I eat one with salt on it.  But potato chips don't seem salty to me.  I don't know why.  Those Zapps Voodoo chips are still banned from the house.  We will eat the whole bag in one day so I just don't get them.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Zombini

• Using less gas.
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2022, 10:01:40 AM »

z

What makes them so special? I know there are chips I like as far as flavor. I love regular Wise chips, A local chip Gibbles, uses lard to fry  them in, nice flavor and crunch.

We have another company that sells no salt chips, Herrs, I really like them. I am usually a regular chip guy.
They are just old fashion kettle fried potato chips with a good crunch and the right salt level. Government regulations regarding what type of oil they used to fry them messed up the flavor for a while but they are close to the original flavor again now. I see they are available online at a ridiculous price. Usually they are on sale locally 3 bags for $10

The Gibbles look pretty good and may be similar to Sterzings.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 10:22:24 AM by Zombini »
Zombini

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2022, 11:11:47 AM »

Utz old fashioned kettle cooked taste very similar to Gibbles IMO
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2022, 11:12:20 AM »

Over the next few days I will update with pics of the chips I have had since the last post I made with a picture.  Just noticed that was about a year ago.  There will be a lot of pics!

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2022, 11:14:02 AM »

H-E-B sells a no salt tortilla chip that I eat with everything.  Now I am overwhelmed when I eat one with salt on it.  But potato chips don't seem salty to me.  I don't know why.  Those Zapps Voodoo chips are still banned from the house. We will eat the whole bag in one day so I just don't get them.

That was me in my early single days.  An open bag was an empty bag.
Tortilla chips make it into the house once in a while, but no potato chips.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2022, 12:11:38 PM »

Looks like 25 different chips in the last year.  Less than I had expected, but about a bag every other week.  I could probably drop about 10# in a year if I quit eating potato chips.  No wonder I gain weight every year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up